Fox League

They rushed Blocker Roach to air at some point and he never left.

3 Likes

Blocker’s OK, I don’t mind him.

Her name is Tiana Penitana and she’s a centre for the Parramatta Eels. She use to host “That Pacific Sports Show” on the ABC with former Wests Tigers player Dene Halatau.
She hosted that show in 2021.

3 Likes

What’s with the red Fox footy like watermark?

1 Like

It’s a temporary change for the Battle for Brisbane Friday night.

3 Likes

When did this happen?

2 Likes

I recall he was very versatile in being able to commentate on both AFL and NRL games equally well… not many can do that.

1 Like

Plus cricket, football and some other various sports.

1 Like

I think the end of DST has gone to FOX League’s head.

During the Matty Johns Show after the Storm v Roosters game, I saw a banner ad advertising tomorrow afternoon’s Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs game as “Friday Night Footy - Live from 3pm”.

1 Like

It comes on from 3 pm and starts at 4 pm. And for whatever reason, I’m pretty sure they have always called this game a Friday “night game” for whatever reason probably because there’s a game straight after it.

1 Like

There’s 2 hours between the two games.
2nd one isn’t until 8pm.

1 Like

That gives them a 2-hour pre-game show to bang on about the game.

1 Like

The NFL’s Thursday Night Football on Saturday evening has always made me laugh too.

5 Likes

Usually it’s a 6pm game, back to back, which would make sense for FNF - but Good Friday has always had an afternoon game instead.

Presumably it’s a sponsor thing given the virtual advertising for that game said the same thing, that they “have” to call it “KFC Friday Night Footy” regardless of whether it’s on at night :grimacing:.

Dragging a tad o/t: yeah, NBC certainly does it, Sunday Night Football on the two Thursday nights they do (as Opening Night and Thanksgiving are part of their package). I’m pretty sure ESPN has similar on occasion for MNF too.

2 Likes

NRL Magic Round to Air Live and Ad-Break Free on Fox League and Kayo Sports

Rugby League fans across Australia can enjoy every thrilling moment of the NRL’s annual Magic Round, live and ad-break free, on Fox League, available on Foxtel and Kayo Sports.

Kicking off the action-packed weekend, the Bulldogs will face the Raiders on Friday, May 5 at 6pm (AEST). This match will be the first of five live and exclusive games broadcast in stunning 4K Ultra HD on Foxtel.

Hello Sport podcast fans can also tune in to Kayo Sports for alternative commentary during Friday night’s match between the Sea Eagles and the Broncos, live from Caxton Brewery.

Enhancing the viewing experience, all matches will feature the Flying Fox camera, live audio, the Fox Rover camera, and the new Fox ULTRA camera, capturing the action in 400 frames per second for eight-times slow-motion replays in 4K Ultra HD.

Fox League’s expert commentary team, including Cooper Cronk, Gorden Tallis, Braith Anasta, Michael Ennis, Greg Alexander, and Corey Parker, will be on site at Suncorp Stadium for every game across the weekend.

The Magic Round festivities conclude with a special edition of Sunday Night with Matty Johns, live from Suncorp Stadium, featuring special guest and Broncos captain Patrick Carrigan.

Don’t miss a moment of the Magic Round action, live and ad-break free during play, on Fox League, available on Foxtel and Kayo Sports, the home of Rugby League.

4 Likes

A couple of FOX League graphics I haven’t seen before (the 2nd one might be a 4K one only).

Flying Fox

Fox Ultra

4 Likes

Someone saying Flying Fox fast has to be very careful it doesn’t turn into a swear.

Sounds like a slogan for the US network. :rofl:

1 Like

New for Magic Round, staple of Fox Cricket.

I believe that means ultra slow motion?

2 Likes

Ah yes, thanks, that makes sense, I did wonder if it was related to the Ultra HD / 4K channel I was watching.

1 Like

Paul Kent is also a panellist on NRL 360.

2 Likes