Football⚽️

Read this:

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/2432495/The-Complete-and-Definitive-Enemy-List-of-Australian-Football

Don’t you have anything better to do with your time, than to have a hissy fit about something as trivial as this? What point are you trying to make, because all it seems like you are doing is nit-picking my posts and not offering a constructive viewpoint of your own. Regardless of the terminology I use, it still doesn’t change the point that I made in my original post.

2 Likes

I thought he was? To the point where cricket became secondary to his media career. Can’t find a quick reference but I thought he started as a cadet at TVW7. His father Ian was as well as being a cricketer was in the Perth media for many years.

1 Like

Glad you think it’s a hissy fit when I’m purely suggesting your terminology is wrong, that’s all. You may think that’s nit picking, whereas I just see it as correcting an inaccuracy.
The points I made were clear as day initially - Brayshaw isn’t a journalist, the code isn’t called AFL and that Brayshaw isn’t solely involved in Aussie Rules. Didn’t realise my points didn’t come across, sorry.
The whole article has a bias to it anyway. Funny how no mention of his 5 years as Chairman of the Melbourne Renegades is mentioned, just his 8 years as CEO of North Melbourne.
As for your little 3 year old Inside Sport bit, I don’t see any “AFL journos” on it other than a dump of The AFL as a whole.

Ian"sticks" brayshaw was a awesome cricketer for WA many years ago
In one match sticks took ask 10 wickets
He become a great commentor on ABC during there cricket coverage
Later was sports presenter and editor of sport for ch10 when it started in 1988
In Wa

1 Like

I’m just calling it for what it is. If I notice that someone has used the incorrect terminology, I don’t go out of my way to ram it down that person’s throat. I’ve got better things to do with my time, for which you obviously don’t.

Are you really that daft? I never said that James Brayshaw is solely involved in Aussie Rules. Do I need to tell you that for a third time?

1 Like

There’s a suggestion in the above statement that suggested that’s what you thought. I apologised in the previous post for believing that if it was a misrepresentation of your opinion. I’m not daft at all. Given you’ve rammed your poorly made points down my throat twice, you can have another go at it if you wish. Did think you would have watched the A-League final that was on though instead of wasting your time interacting with me.

Thanks for thinking I’ve got nothing better to do with time, you’re clearly wrong with that thought but anyway!

P.S. I’m done here, enjoy the A-League finals series.

Heartbreaking loss for Melbourne City, going down 1-0 to Adelaide United in tonight’s elimination final at Coopers Stadium after extra time. Adelaide’s Ben Halloran scored the goal in the 119th minute.

Tipping Adelaide to win it all. Don’t really want to see Melbourne or $ydney win.

As for James Brayshaw’s comments - despite his background, he is somewhat right. They’ve done bugger all marketing and the FFA and the clubs seem to be at odds with each other. The NBL does a better job than the FFA.

Perth Glory will play in next Sunday’s A-League grand final, after beating Adelaide United in penalty shootout tonight at HBF Park. The A-League premiers led 2-0 at the 73rd minute before United (which had only a five day break after beating Melbourne City last Sunday) scored two late goals to send the match into extra time. Glory scored a goal in the first half of extra time through Scott Neville, only to have Adelaide’s Michael Marrone scoring a goal in the second half to level the match at 3-3. Glory eventually won 5-4 in penalties with goalkeeper Liam Reddy making four saves and Joel Chianese scoring the winning goal. The grand final will be held at Optus Stadium next weekend.

Next Friday, West Coast Eagles will face Melbourne Demons at Optus stadium and after the game, will they paint the field for the soccer game?

Melbourne Victory’s title defence is over after they were thrashed 6-1 by Sydney FC in tonight’s semi final at Jubilee Stadium. Sydney FC will play Perth Glory in the grand final next Sunday.

Revenge for stealing the title off us last year. Although I really do hope Perth really gives it to Sydney. Fuck $ydney.

Who wins?

• Perth glory
  • Sydney FC

0 voters

Sydney FC has won the A-League title for the record equalling fourth time after beating Perth Glory 4-1 on penalties. The two teams were scoreless at the end of extra time although Sydney had a goal disallowed in the first half. 56,371 attended the grand final at Optus Stadium, a new attendance record for A-League grand final, breaking the previous record of 55,436 in 2007 when Melbourne Victory thrashed Adelaide at Docklands.

Heartbreak for Perth.
Last time Perth Glory won a trophy was back in 2003-04 during the NSL days. That year saw NSL get folded.

They did win the league this year so thats one trophy but not the gf :man_shrugging:

1 Like
1 Like