FIFA World Cup 2018

France Win Croatia 4-2 in the final!

2 Likes

What was the pitch invasion in the 2nd half about?

Anyway, that was a very entertaining game! Congrats to France!

From the last few minutes of SBS coverage.

5 Likes

The pitch invasion was done by a group called Pussy Riot.

1 Like

Pussy Riot?, sounds familiar, I feel they caused some controversy at some other major event a few years ago.

1 Like

2 Likes

Best World Cup ends in a classic Final. The way it should end

2 Likes

They protested against Putin a few years ago and police had to be called in.

2 Likes

I watched the FIFA World Cup last night and the crowd at the Luzhniki Stadium was 78 011, which was a full house at the stadium. The 2018 FIFA World Cup attendance was much lower (3 031 768) compared to the previous World Cup back in Brazil in 2014 (3 429 873).

1 Like

Obviously just due to the fact that Brazil had larger stadiums than Russia

3 Likes

Ahh that was it.

Great to have a cup final not end 0-0, then go into extra time & penalties for once.

2 Likes

Yeap, it felt almost weird having such a high scoring final (highest scoring since 1958 I read somewhere) and it was a great, entertaining contest for most of the game.

I watched the final mins of the World Cup coverage and noticed that Lucy Zelic felt very emotional as she honoured the late Les Murray.

1 Like

Lucy Zelic and Craig Foster recorded special videos for tonight’s episode of Have You Been Paying Attention in which they asked two questions 1. name one of three books by the late Les Murray displayed on the table at the Moscow studio 2. when the next World Cup will be held. Lucy even joked she could be pregnant in four years’ time.

Big ratings in France for the World Cup Final

3 Likes

Well…she does have a BF, anything is possible.

1 Like

barefoot and

awkward joke though, was a what the frick moment really. Urzila saved it with the sex dungeon joke.

2 Likes