Facebook Watch Bulletins

10 News does not seem to understand digital or social platforms at all. They have almost no engagement on Facebook, no app and no news website

LOL!

My stories on my Instagram get 3000 views. And it’s just me laying in bed with my dog.

2 Likes

What’s your addy?

The price of the wasted years from 2010 onwards.

1 Like

Only since 2010? I’d personally argue that up until recently, Ten never really had a great presence in news online compared to Seven and especially Nine and the ABC who’ve had decent online news sites (in various forms, of course) for around two decades.

1 Like

A screenshot of the live preview of Nine News Sydney that Peter Overton does on Facebook at about 5:45pm.

Very interesting comments across social media in regards to these bulletins. Seems a lot of people prefer watching news in this form of presentation. Here are some comments from 10 News First:

1 Like

Really interested to see how these offerings change and evolve over time. For example, Seven have today introduced two segments (‘Fast 3’ and the ‘Final Frame’) into The Latest

2 Likes

I hate virtual sets! Grrrr!!

After watching 7 9 & 10’s. I prefer 10’s. Nothing over the top straight to the point, then there’s 7’s which is just a monstrosity of tacky mess. 7’s comes across as click bait/fake news appearance wise

On the note of 10s, I noticed that they didn’t upload the Adelaide and Sydney ones for tonight…

Ten got 52k views and 187 comments with a video about International Cat Day, far more than the straight news videos - morning news had 2.6k views and 3 comments, and afternoon news got 1.7k views and 3 comments. Ten should stick with their strengths.

1 Like

They should just call it the Ten Cat News Update.

Ten Cat Mews Update you mean.

1 Like

This doesn’t directly relate to 10’s new online news bulletin, but 10 are now using the FB watch logo briefly on the start of the video for a lot of their content shared on Facebook for Studio 10, The Project, The Loop and reality shows etc.

4 Likes

Will 10 ever launch a “selected programs” channel/live-stream just for the Facebook Watch since they’re going crazy over it? This might be falling into TenPlay territory…

I wouldn’t say ten are going crazy over it, 7 and 9 are probably miles ahead in regards to that game. However, I wouldn’t see your suggestion coming to fruition in the near future until networks can monetise the venture into Facebook.

1 Like

Latest numbers:

On air style updates posted online:
10 News First on FB Watch: 4000
(1% reach of number of followers)

Specially produced content for social:
7 News The Latest on FB Watch: 290,000
(17% reach)

@lexington

2 Likes