Drag Race Down Under

Previous seasons and the current season of RPDR are airing on Paramount+ in the US and other territories, so it may be that they choose to pick up other versions for other territories or a second window after they’ve streamed on Wow Presents Plus.

There are no issues. It’s been referenced multiple times. I’m just saying I don’t think the production is being influenced by the global &/or American audience. All these local references are being left in, which is great.

1 Like

Just back to this point. If they were trying to remove so many Aussie references then would they have had so many lip syncs to Aussie songs like Vanessa Amarosi, The Veronicas, Danni Minogue, Kylie etc?

Even having The Veronicas actually talk to the contestants tonight… sure Untouched is mildly known in the US (scraped the top 20 there) but other than that I doubt many remember who they are. Absolutely Everybody def didn’t chart in the US. I’m not sure Danni is so known there either.

Finale. Next week. With 4 still remaining. Not even any talk of not being able to separate the final 4 to maintain a final 4 instead of final 3.

I hope Kita wins.

Go Karen from Finance!

1 Like

What did we think of the finale? The right Queen won and the group number was great, but overall what a terribly underdone season. I hope it comes back, and out of Covid restrictions, we see a much better production.

2 Likes

Anyone else finding that there’s too much RPDR? Seems there’s a new season starting as soon as one wraps. Don’t get me wrong, I like the show but it seems to be getting over the top.

All Stars 6 wrapped last week and now the new UK season premieres on September 24. The last Uk season only finished in March.

I like it. It is like having a weekly ‘sport’ event with queer people being celebrated. The more the merrier - and I am very merry!

1 Like

Milking it for all its worth before its popularity takes a dive.

2 Likes

It has been getting more and more popular. Can’t see it diving anytime soon.

It is just more obvious with RPDR I think.

Most other shows we don’t have easy access to all the seasons from around the world in one place. We usually only see our own version.

Its an overload of Drag Race, but it is also because we get it all in the one place (Stan), in the UK & US it airs in different ways VH1, Paramount+ BBC3, WOW Presents. They are making them to suit the local markets rather than a global schedule. There is also Celebrity Drag Race (US) and UK vs The World formats waiting for air dates. I don’t like the chances of a second RPDR Down Under unless we get a Drag Race Down Under (without Ru hosting).

1 Like

I love it. I have found myself going and rewatching older seasons during the few week break.

2 Likes

Same @turdall. My partner rewatched old seasons when we have no idea about to watch. Especially during lockdowns when you can not be bothered watching something new.

There are plenty of other media products that use Drag Race as inspiration such a videos and podcasts.

1 Like

News today that both the show and Ru will be back for season two.

3 Likes

I spoke too soon, but very happy for the renewal!

I hope they upgrade the set… & up the production. Season 1 was a bit embarrassing, the queens deserved better.

2 Likes

Surely they won’t produce it out of NZ again.

3 Likes

Australia this time around?

1 Like