Digital Radio - Technical

I have been probably listening to 2CH more now its a digital only station. :slight_smile: My real life experience an EEP 4A, I do notice it break up more often. The other 3A EEP never break up on Pennant Hills Road. 2CH does on regular basis. Even if line of sight to the transmitter audio does drop out from time to time. It could be because there is interference. My car is a Kia Carnival.

At home using the pocket Sangean radio you do notice it compared with 3A. Just leaving a radio in the same spot works fine for 2CH. I know Bill used 4A for many years before but sometimes I wasn’t sure if the feed was playing up, rather it being a 4A issue.

Having said this, I prefer to have the more bits than to sound muddy like like the Triple M/ Hits station and the WSFM/Kiis station. Similar I wish 2UE went back to 3A and went back to 128k , I don’t notice any real difference between 3A and 2A.

So in conclusion, I don’t mind it occasionally drop out, if the sound is good. Perhaps if I lived around Kellyville /Rouse Hill then I may change my mind.

1 Like