Cyclone Debbie

What’s on the back of the paper Sharyn is reading from?

mosart …

4 Likes

I need to ask. Why is Shane even presenting with Eva? I much prefer watching Eva solo much more enjoyable and serious… i have herd shane make puns over the coverage. :confused:

Wendy Kingston reporting from the Gold Coast studio’s balcony:

3 Likes

Rolling coverage on 9 QLD and 7QLD and live streamed nationally.

Nine News Queensland is airing special coverage of Gem from 7pm.

Seven News Queensland is broadcasting an extended 90-minute bulletin tonight, with HAA pushed back to 7.30.

For those interested - both Nine and Seven have had rolling coverage of the South East Queensland weather event all afternoon. Nine has had Shane Doherty and Eva Milic anchoring, with Melissa Downes at Kangaroo Point. Seven has had Sharyn Ghidella. Various reporters at locations, with Nine even dispatching all the Queensland ACA reporters along with Leila McKinnon and Tom Steinfort.

Rolling coverage continuing on 9Gem again from 7pm until at least 9pm with Eva and Shane in the studio and Melissa at Kangaroo Point.

1 Like

ABC Brisbane Local Radio have moved the Broncos game to Digital Radio and are running the local evenings show on 612 AM instead.

Sunrise and Today will be live into Queensland from 4.30am tomorrow.

3 Likes

[quote=“HarbourSideTv, post:292, topic:2764”]
Why is Shane even presenting with Eva? …
[/quote] Have to agree. He is not awful but he is the state political editor and has never presented a bulletin before.

BTW, Joel Dry is back in his element this evening in QLD, much better than he is in the Canberra bureau.

1 Like

During the afternoon I notice Hot 91 was off air on the Sunshine Coast - the relay station on 97.9 must feed off air as it was a blank carrier.

Zinc 96.1 seemed to be operating at low power in the afternoon and is currently back to normal power but in mono and seems to be a tape backup.

Also heard some very good hyper-local coverage on Bay FM 100.3

I just had wind gusts of over 110kph here in Redcliffe which blew my antenna and gutters off.

Triple M is live and local tonight

Nine News expert on Queensland expounding his wealth of knowledge on the afternoon news.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/17635498_10208713352255722_7309677477509987592_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=cedb02cad12d06b867f5bda88acf0c23&oe=5952DEEB

7 Likes

Yikes! Wow - as the TV anchors say - stay safe. Do the rabbit ears work or is it streaming tonight?

9 Gold Coast

1 Like

7 Gold Coast

2 Likes

WIN Sunshine Coast

7 Sunshine Coast - similar to the Mackay bulletin earlier in the week was presented live.

3 Likes

Reportedly but generally without any live crosses so there isn’t anything to really let you know. Additionally the usual backdrop is a “live” shot seen below but tonight that was not seen.

Usual studio set up

Tonight

2 Likes

WIN’s Sunshine Coast effort at covering the weather event from tonight