SEN (Company) (formerly Crocmedia)

I suspect that they might split the signal - say, cricket on 1395 AM and the A-League on DAB. Otherwise, it’ll be the A-League bumped off air.

For SEN in Melbourne, this is where 1377 comes in handy.

Why don’t you ask Chris?

Crocmedia has bought a 25% stake in NBL club Melbourne United. The deal gives the company exclusive radio rights to United games, with SEN to broadcast all of United’s home and away games and finals. What happens when they clash with the cricket and A-League matches involving Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City though?

1 Like

Has Crocmedia signed a deal with Super Radio Network to Broadcast Cricket in regional New South Wales & Southern Queensland? hvw crocmedia siogned a deaj with 2BS bathurst? has cricmedria signed a deal with ace Radio Network ti broadcast Cricket throughout their broadcasting areas? Has CrocMedia signed a Deal with Grant Broadcasters ti briadcast Cricket on 2CCC & other areas? hasd Crocmeda signed a deal woth Resinate Briadcasters ti Broadcast Cricket throughout their listening areas?

Question for the mods. Should this thread and the Pacific Star Network thread be merged or at least renamed? It does appear there is a lot of cross over conversations between both threads.

Perhaps this thread should be more focused on Crocmedia’s syndicated programming and sports coverage and the Pacific Star Network thread should be renamed to “1116 SEN/1377 SEN+ Melbourne” to better focus it on discussions about the actual radio stations.

4 Likes

croc has signed up for one NFL game a week

Exactly. Good example. The NFL deal was already discussed in the Pacific Star Network thread earlier today.

I bet that the Crocmedia’s’ cricket Briadcast will be promoted Durng the AFLNTATIO Broadcvast.

Former Fremantle and Gold Coast AFL player Michael Barlow is guest co-host on Sportsday this evening across Victoria, Tasmania and southern NSW, alongside Shane McInnes.

Would you be able to try fix up your spelling in posts?

Your posts are giving me a headache decoding them.

1 Like

Credit to Jason, he actually has improved his spelling and grammar in the last 12 months since first joining.

1 Like

Broadcast schedule for round 1 of 2018/19 A-League season was released this week. In Melbourne, matches will be heard on Macquarie Sports Radio, SEN or SEN+. Last season the soccer was only on MSR.

I’m assuming Benny Jones does all Roar home matches, and Ben Cameron does all of the Perth matches?

The Western Sydney Wanderers v Perth Glory is on 2SM in Sydney?

1 Like

MACQUARIE SPORTS RADIO 954AM MELBOURNE, 1278AM SYDNEY

Good quality control there from Crocmedia

6 Likes

That must be a mistake for the Friday game. I also note they have the frequencies the wrong way around for MSR Melbourne and Sydney.

Surely no point in Melbourne having the same match and same coverage on 1278 and 1377? Although I guess the other 3 matches are on SEN and SEN+. Therefore if this is correct there will always be at least 2 stations in Melbourne taking the feed for all matches.

1 Like

So who’s got the mighty Newcastle United Jets vs Wellington? ABC Newcastle exclusive (as it should)?

1 Like

SEN are relaunching in Adelaide again on December 6 https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/confidential/port-adelaide-great-kane-cornes-to-lead-south-australias-new-sports-radio-station-1629-sen-sa/news-story/bc7c8c3783a2b51260e6720d5fae5013

PORT Adelaide great Kane Cornes has promised the new 1629 SEN SA sports radio station will bring balance to the state’s footy media coverage.

The Power champion-turned-media personality is the local face of the new 24/7 AM radio network, which will launch on December 6 with Cornes’ debut breakfast show followed by radio coverage of the first day of the Adelaide Oval Test match.

Cornes, who will be joined by a yet-to-be-named co-host for the weekday 6am-8.30am timeslot, said the station will deliver an even-handed look at sport in SA, in particular the Crows-Power rivalry.

“It’s really exciting and a little bit nerve-racking as well. First and foremost it’s really exciting for South Australian sports lovers to have an alternative out there,” The Advertiser columnist said.

“I think this state is far too heavily weighted, on the other sports stations, in the direction of the Crows.

“We’ll be really focused and aware of having that balance.

Play VideoPlay
0:00
/
0:00
Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%
Fullscreen

Radio stars vote for their worst celebrity interview
“The station will also appeal to an Adelaide audience who may not just want Port and Crows, but who may want a wider range of sports and cross-section of AFL.”

A local drivetime show will be part of over five hours a day of SA-produced content, with interstate shows from broadcasters Gerard Whateley and Andy Maher also included in the SA line-up.

Whateley will lead the AM station’s cricket coverage, which includes the Australia v India Test series and 59 Big Bash matches across the summer.

It’s a second coming into the SA market for Melbourne-based SEN, with the station initially launching in Adelaide in early 2005 as SEN 1323.

Just months later it went into voluntary administration.

“I don’t think we’re under any illusions that it’s going to be a real challenge for us, particularly the breakfast timeslot, you know how competitive that is,” said Cornes, who will leave Adelaide radio station FIVEaa where he hosted Sportsday SA with Malcolm Blight.

“I think this time around it’s going to be a patient build… I think we’re up for the challenge.

“We’re not aiming to take over the market from day one but we’ll do it right and over time we’ll be able to make some really solid inroads.”

1 Like

Friday’s will become a huge day for Kane, given he hosts Whateley’s Friday morning slot anyway. Or does SEN 1116 hire someone else to do that?

Smart move by Hutchy to run this on a narrowcast license. No ratings = no scrutiny

2 Likes