SEN (Company) (formerly Crocmedia)

Omg I love Cricket Australia now

2 Likes

Understand your sentiment, but please. CA is nothing but desperate and will put self interest before the game.

Personally, am not so quick to love them.

@pelican you need the accompaniment of illustration to go with it then.

It’s a meme.

Since the Cricket Radio Tights deal has been announced now we needx ti wait and see which radio cimmentatirs gi where.

I’m full of anticipation to see where Robin Hood ends up.

1 Like

It might be a bit of a squeeze to fit him in lol

2 Likes

From Radioinfo:

Crocmedia has has revealed it has secured distribution for A-League coverage into Australia’s five biggest capital cities and will call 100+ matches via Football Nation, its national syndicated brand.

Home and away matches involving Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City will return to 1116 SEN in Melbourne for the season ahead. Home matches of the Western Sydney Wanderers and Adelaide United will run in NSW and SA respectively via Super Radio Network and Adelaide’s FIVEAA.

Home and away Brisbane Roar and Perth Glory matches will air on weekends on Macquarie’s 4BC and 6PR.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/crocmedia-call-100-league-matches

1 Like

With Crocmedia also securing the new 6-year cricket radio rights, It will be interesting to see now SEN and FiveAA juggles its A-League commitments with cricket, especially at night with the soccer clashes with test (third session of the day’s play from Perth and the occasional day/night test), Twenty20 and BBL games.

Not on Mac Sports Radio?

Looking at the recent radio rights deal, the split between Crocmedia and Macquarie are:
Macquarie Sports Radio in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth will cover all men’s and women’s Internationals and every match of the BBL, complemented with Perth 6PR AM broadcasting selected men’s International matches and all Perth Scorcher matches.
SEN in Melbourne will broadcast all Men’s Tests and all BBL matches.
Crocmedia also has non-exclusive rights to test matches in Adelaide (presumably on FiveAA).
Crocmedia will syndicate every men’s BBL match and Macquarie’s coverage of men’s and women’s internationals across regional Australia.

So there will be occasions when SEN’s coverage of test cricket and BBL clashes with A-League games involving Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City. I will expand on this after going through the fixtures.

2 Likes

This is where the posible 2nd SEN Currently classic Rock Radio1377AM comes on the scene 1377 will have every Melbourne Victory & Melbourne City Aleague game both in and out of Melbourne.

You could have asked Chris Giannopoulos from Crocmedia about this?

See earlier comment :crazy_face:

Crocmedia unveils Hyundai A-League broadcast schedule

JASON ANDREW TOPPIN
13 Jul 2018 - 2:14 pm

i called Chris from Crocmedia via his Mobile on my Mobile he told me the Cricket will be on 1116AM while Aleague will be on 1377AM this will be how things will work this time around due to Crocmedia having the rights t. both Cricket and The Aleague. When iI asked him if SEN will broadcast on buth 1116AM & 1377AM he said he could not answer yes on no ti that.
i also ask Chris “Have there been any signings confirmed for crocmedia Cricket”. Chris said The signings will be announced in due time”. i advused him “Crocmedia could sign many of Gerard’s former colleagues at the ABC to join CroMedia Cricket”. Chris siad “That would be a good idea”.

1 Like

CrankyMedie You missed the boat i already asked Chris Gieonopous that Question at the beginning of our chat we had did you read my earlier comment?

Where does that leave $ydney FC and the mighty Newcastle Jets? Surely you would be stupid to carry Wanderers games into Northern NSW which is the mighty Newcastle Jets’ territory?

Would 1233 ABC Newcastle hold onto Jets rights?

1 Like

Me? Read your comment? I just re-published it here for the rest of the MediaSpy cohort to read.

What makes you think I didn’t read it? Did you think I might be too busy rolling on the floor in laughter?

It depends if the ABC has paid specifically for rights. The general tone of the release suggests the “Super duper Radio Network” will carry games in NSW.

No mention of Mariners’ games which have been ably covered by the community station. Guessing as per Crocs’ release last year, status quo will continue. I know a couple of struggling Central Coast commercial stations that could do with some waking up to get on board but of course they don’t.

Here is this summer’s international cricket fixture with concurring A-League matches in italics. Due to time difference, the Perth test against India and the day/night Gabba test against Sri Lanka will each clash with an entire round of A-League matches.

Sunday November 4: Australia v South Africa, first ODI (Perth Stadium)
Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide United

Friday November 9: Australia v South Africa, second ODI (Adelaide Oval)
Melbourne City v Wellington Phoenix

Sunday November 11: Australia v South Africa, third ODI (Hobart)
Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners

Saturday November 17: Australia v South Africa, T20 (Carrara)

Wednesday November 21: Australia v India, first T20 (The Gabba)

Friday November 23: Australia v India, second T20 (MCG)
Western Sydney Wanderers v Newcastle Jets

Sunday November 25: Australia v India, third T20 (SCG)
Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners

December 6-10: Australia v India, first test (Adelaide Oval)
Sydney FC v Wellington Phoenix (Saturday twilight), Newcastle Jets v Brisbane Roar (Sunday twilight)

December 14-18: Australia v India, second test (Perth Stadium)
Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Victory (Friday night)
Wellington Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners (Saturday twilight)
Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney FC (Saturday night)
Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory (Sunday twilight)
Adelaide United v Melbourne City (Sunday night)

December 26-30: Australia v India, third test (MCG)

January 3-7: Australia v India, fourth test (SCG)
Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix (Saturday twilight), Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets (Sunday twilight)

Saturday January 12: Australia v India, first ODI (SCG)
Wellington Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners (twilight), Melbourne Victory v Newcastle Jets (night)

Tuesday January 15: Australia v India, second ODI (Adelaide Oval)
Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Victory (Tuesday night)

Friday January 18: Australia v India, third ODI (MCG)
Western Sydney Wanderers v Adelaide United

January 24-28: Australia v Sri Lanka, first test (The Gabba, day/night)
Brisbane Roar v Western Sydney Wanderers (Friday night)
Wellington Phoenix v Melbourne City (Saturday twilight)
Melbourne City v Sydney FC (Saturday night)
Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners (Sunday twilight)
Perth Glory v Newcastle Jets (Sunday night)

February 1-5: Australia v Sri Lanka, second test (Canberra)
Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory (Saturday twilight), Sydney FC v Melbourne City (Sunday twilight)

Radio stations (especially in regional areas) that carry Crocmedia’s coverage of cricket and A-League will have a big dilemma which sport should be broadcast in full.

I think there would be more interest in the cricket than the soccer in most regional areas.

Hope CrocMedia sign commentators from either TripleM or ABC Radio to their Cricket Commenmtary team. if Crocmedia sign either TripleM or ABC people the other NetWorks people will end up at MacQuarie Sports Radio.

What will happen in Adelaide if Adelaide United and Cricket On Fiveaa, There’s no room on the AM Band As Nova Entertainment May need to put them on Nova 91.9 or Online.