Cricket television rights 2018 (Foxtel/Seven)

Totally agree. Looked what happened at Rugby Australia; Murdoch press against the CEO for months, and than overnight she is gone, there man installed and bingo we are friends with RA again.

Same with the NRL, nine and fox against the sitting ceo and bingo house of cards folds.

Murdoch is throwing his weight to save him money on a tv platform that is almost dead.

And just like that; Murdoch press has this story.

Oh how funny and transparent is Murdoch press becoming!! Just look at the three people in the picture.

https://t.co/uNXZEol1P6

1 Like
3 Likes

Well so they should. They signed up for this ridiculous deal so they should be expected to pay. If all the content is delivered then thereā€™s no reason that they cannot fulfil their contract. CA should take them to court if they refuse.

2 Likes

I think Seven and Foxtel are pre empting potential cancellations residual from coronavirus, wishful thinking Iā€™d say.

1 Like

If the schedules changeā€¦ then yes the networks are entitled to re negotiate. But nothing has been announced at this stage.

2 Likes

It depends on whether they can get the international stars here for the Big Bash. It certainly isnā€™t going to be as desirable if they donā€™t have all the stars here.

2 Likes

Most of the internationals were pretty washed up.

2 Likes

and realistically there werent that many of them - theres little reason why a reasonably full strength Big Bash canā€™t run if the current conditions continue.

The international season on the other hand is a different story

Eddings comments make me wonder whether Roberts was open to a renegotiation but the CA board werent

3 Likes

You clearly didnā€™t see much of Rashid Khan from the Adelaide Strikers.

4 Likes

Heā€™s an exception to the rule given his international team is a virtual non-entity most of the time.

2 Likes

He is a very popular figure here in SA and a lot of cricket supporters will go to the game talking about him. I am not sure if there are others from other clubs but it is quite the concern for the Big Bash, which was starting to wane anyway over the last few years, to not have those big stars for the Summer.

2 Likes