COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

Tell that to those who are dying and their families who are left to deal with it.

Spoke to my cousin today. His wife’s uncle passed away yesterday from Covid in St George Hospital after being there for a week and a half. He was in his 60s, no underlying medical conditions but only had one vaccination.

He managed a takeaway shop and his co-worker also had it. They don’t know who contracted it first but they suspect a customer gave it to them.

Nobody in his family has contracted it. His wife had been fully vaxxed with Astra but he was believing the misinformation and waited for Pfizer which was a bad move as it turned out. His kids are double vaxxed and were the only ones allowed to see him in hospital before he died. Quite tragic.

8 Likes

It is quite sad but it doesn’t change the fact we are being released from lockdown and another word for released is freedom.

Easing of restrictions, released, out of lockdown, freedom. It’s all the same thing.

I hate the word freedom now. It is the most overused word.

It’s a bit like alcohol, when you spew on a certain alcohol and feel you can’t drink it again. Even the smell of it makes you want to spew.

5 Likes

I agree, I think there will be a lot of people shocked to find that “freedom” doesn’t appear to mean what it used to pre pandemic.

7 Likes

Six people with COVID-19 (three women and three men) had died. One person was in their 40s, three people were in their 60s, one person was in their 70s and one person was in their 90s. Three people were from south-western Sydney, two people were from western Sydney and one person was from the Nepean Blue Mountains area. Four people were not vaccinated, one person had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and one person had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
The deaths include:
A woman in her 90s who died at Hawkesbury Living Nursing Home and was fully vaccinated. This is the fourth death linked to this outbreak.
A man in his 60s from south-western Sydney, who died at Campbelltown Hospital, acquired his infection at the hospital. This is the third death linked to this outbreak.

Of the 623 cases, 144 are from south western Sydney 103 from western Sydney, 77 from Illawarra Shoalhaven, 59 are from Hunter New England, 32 from Central Coast, 23 from western NSW, 21 from southern NSW, four from northern NSW, three from Mid North Coast, one from Murrumbidgee, one from Far West NSW, and three are in correctional settings.

2 Likes

Condolences to Deb Knight who lost her Mother in Law who passed away from Covid recently, she tweeted she has been receiving some cruel tweets saying its a hoax.

6 Likes

NSW Health today made changes to lockdowns in several regional areas:

• Gunnedah, Taree, Forster and Tuncurry will go into 7-day lockdown from midnight tonight until October 11
  • Lockdown will end at Port Macquarie at 11.59pm tonight, followed by Cowra two minutes later
  • The current lockdown for Muswellbrook has been extended until October 11
2 Likes

Yep. I’m a part of that.

1 Like

Seven people with COVID (six men and one woman) had died. One person was in their 50s, two people were in their 60s, three people were in their 70s, and one person was in their 80s. Five people were from south western Sydney, one person was from western Sydney, and one person was from Dubbo. Five people were not vaccinated, and two people had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

Of the 608 cases, 183 are from south western Sydney, 96 from western Sydney, 65 from Hunter New England, 51 from Illawarra Shoalhaven, 28 from Central Coast, 19 from southern NSW, eight from western NSW, six from northern NSW, two from Mid North Coast, one from Murrumbidgee, and four are in correctional settings.

Dominic Perrottet has said that his first priority as NSW Premier will be reviewing the state’s reopening roadmap.

Would be better to say leave it, and if it’s a disaster, then Gladys gets the blame. Rather than polish it, open and the result is really probably going to be same.

Movement next week will clearly be off the charts. The Malls next week will be surging like never seen before. You would be brave to go to Kmart next week. We are going to see a very early Christmas rush before expected case surges next month and too many people worried about Lockdown again.

3 Likes

…while hospital systems will probably be on the verge of collapse. Can’t say I’m particularly envious of frontline workers at the moment.

2 Likes

Here he goes again.

I’ve blocked him. He’s a pest.

I’m the first one to say how worried I am about next week and I’ve expressed my concerns here but he really needs to let this go. It’s consuming him and the way he’s replying to anyone using the phrase is just trolling.

Why don’t you just ignore him rather then giving his opinions greater attention?

2 Likes

You must have missed the part where I said I blocked him.

I’m just saying it here because it is a large topic of interest this whole “Freedom Day” term and wanted to hear others thoughts on whether they think it’s that big of a deal.

Yet you felt so aggrieved at his opinion you screenshot it and posted it here - don’t drag someone simply because you don’t agree with them

You’ve been to that well already, hardly anyone drank from it - move on

1 Like

Why do you have to be like that?

“Nobody drank from it”…

You don’t need to dismiss people like that. Don’t comment on it if you aren’t interested. Nobody made you reply to me.

I wasn’t having a go at his opinion. I was just commenting that he keeps attacking anyone who uses it.

But you’re a Media Spy moderator. Throw your power around and make people feel like shit for talking.

2 Likes

Like what?

If I wanted to “throw some power around” - I’d simply delete your posts

4 Likes

What’s your obsession with this bloke? Are you the same David constantly replying to his posts? I’m sure he’ll be stoked you’ve blocked him. I’d never heard of him but checked out his feed, seems fairly measured in highlighting the dangers of believing in a “freedom day” and calling out the media when it’s not really that according to those who are making the rules to help get you there.

2 Likes

Obsession? I’ve mentioned it twice…

Wanna talk about obsessions here? What about the same chat every radio survey regarding Nova’s playlist, the fact that 10 News (and 10 in general) don’t deliver what Media Spy deem good enough, members obsession with certain presenters, the same “analysis” in multiple threads over and over. Those are obsessions.

I’ve mentioned this Freedom Day topic twice.

Why don’t any of those chats get shut down for being obsessive or for going around in circles?

Why just pick on me?

Just forget it then. I won’t mention it again.

3 Likes