Children's television

I think the question should be ‘what happened to the hosts of Agro’s Cartoon Connection?’

4 Likes

Agro was on The Morning Show last week. :wink:

2 Likes

The full letter:

1 Like

ACMA seeking feedback on implementation of new Australian content and children’s TV standards

1 Like

Season 2 of Larry the Wonderdog premieres on 7TWO next Monday (November 30) at 7am.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Aussie content and kids’ TV standards updated

The ACMA has remade the Australian content and children’s television standards, effective January 1. The changes streamline and simplify Australian and children’s content rules, and remove the ‘P-preschool’ and ‘C-children’s’ minimum quota obligations while keeping existing safeguards.

2 Likes

While these announcements aren’t a surprise, it’s still sad nonetheless:

6 Likes

Sad indeed, especially with Stacey Thomson who’s been with Totally Wild since it started.

While looking for more info for the Gold Coast motorbike track featured on last night’s episode of The Amazing Race Australia, I came across a notice on Facebook saying a segment for Totally Wild was supposed to be filmed at the track this week, but it was cancelled due to bad weather.

1 Like

According to this article, Totally Wild will remain on air until July.

4 Likes

that could be maybe they filmed enought epsidoes to last to july

1 Like

Correct. Then it will just be reruns. So they’re not axed entirely, just no new episodes.

While both programs were likely to be axed at some point in the not overly distant future, it’s still very disappointing to hear that both Totally Wild and Scope (the latter of which I believe has not been on-air since September last year) have been cancelled.

1 Like

The government changes the rules on children’s programs requirements and the networks just axe them.

5 Likes

Such a shame that both Totally Wild and Scope have been axed. Yes, they have filmed in advance, so there’s still some months to go until the last episodes are aired. But nonetheless, a shame really. Totally Wild, i thought, is popular. I also thought that these sorts of observational-type-children’s-programs are cheaper to make than Children’s Drama.

The change of Quota for television this year may have helped with the axing?

It would be interesting to one day see the television ratings for the childrens shows over on Seven, Nine and Ten’s multi-channels - compared to the ever popular ABC Kids channel.

1 Like

Are we expecting any proper final farewell episodes for Totally Wild & Scope? Or will they just conclude with whatever episodes have already been produced and nothing more?

I know that unless a presenter changes (eg, how Scope pushed the Constable > Nakano transition over several episodes last year), neither program really follows up stories from episode to episode. But it’d still be nice to have decent conclusion to two programs that have been part of the Ten children’s lineup for a long time now! :slight_smile:

Given that the commercial networks have axed all their long running kids shows in recent years, they’ve probably rated poorly (not helped by dodgy timeslots, but let’s not go there again…) compared to titles on ABC Kids and even ABC ME.

I’d also presume that children’s programs on commercial TV used to rate a lot higher back in the days we only had five main FTA channels.

3 Likes