Channel Nine On-Air Presentation (September 2009 - April 2012)

Caps from Nine Perth - Tuesday 26/4/2011

Sponsor Billboard

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Custom End Credits:

8 Likes

I forgot about The Million Dollar Drop with Eddie McGuire! Don’t think it lasted very long!

2 Likes

Million Dollar Minute was pulled off air by the end of May, if I’m not mistaken. The sports panel show “Between The Lines” (which I believe Eddie also hosted) was another ratings megabomb for Nine in the first half of 2011!

3 Likes

Million Dollar Drop got axed on April 28, with 12 episodes remain unaired.

That only lasted 4 episodes!

2 Likes

Classification warning for wrestling program WWE Afterburn

7 Likes

This was a hideous look, everything looked like a generic PowerPoint background with word art text.

4 Likes

The hour long special “TV’s Best of the Best” was not particularly well received by TV Tonight (nor Media Spy, I suspect) or in the ratings when Nine aired it on Sunday September 20, 2009. Barely over 900k viewers tuned into this special which at the time, was a fairly poor result for what is traditionally one of Australian television’s most watched timeslots of the week.

However, those who did tune in to Nine during the 6.30pm hour on 20/9/2009 would’ve received significant hints of the graphics package (albeit a version which was untextured and with a different fonts compared to what Nine viewers saw from 27/9/2009) which launched the following Sunday during promos for The Apprentice Australia and the big “Next Week” promo which showcased all the major special event programming Nine ran after the “Welcome Home” relaunch:

Those screencaps were taken from an YouTube upload by “For The Love Of Broadcast” so full credit to that user.

At the end of “TV’s Best of the Best”, Karl Stefanovic also said this which could be interpreted (particularly with the benefit of hindsight) as an on-air teaser for the Welcome Home relaunch:

7 Likes

Looking back, that preview actually looked better than what ended up being used, particularly with the white lower third.

1 Like

Nice Clean PRGs from this time period.

4 Likes

CBS also used I Gotta Feeling for its fall 2009-10 season launch similar to Nine’s first generation “Welcome Home” launched in September 2009

4 Likes

Channel Nine Perth - Thursday 8/7/2010

Lineup:

Idents:
Sea Patrol

Mamma Mia!

Sponsors:

PRG:

Back Soon PRG:

Promo Endtags:

6 Likes

Really liked that glossy nine watermark

Channel Nine Sydney - Tuesday 24/11/2009

Sponsored Lineup:

PG, Olympic Logo/Watermark:

M Classification Warning:

Promo Endtags:

8 Likes

Channel Nine Sydney - Wednesday 30/9/2009

Sponsor:

Pop-Ups:

Promo Endtags:

8 Likes

5 Second - Dotless Ident:

6 Likes

10 Likes

The first “welcome home package” saw the return of the 3D Spheres used in the 1997-00 and 2002-06 on-air presentation.

2 Likes

Channel Nine Melbourne - Saturday 7/11/2009

Classification Warning:

Sponsor:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

7 Likes

Nine Gold Coast - Thursday 2/2/2012

Lineup:

PRG:

Back Soon:

Sponsors:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

Excess Baggage and Alcatraz…well there’s a couple of shows which didn’t last long!

2 Likes