Central Coast Radio

Sad to see 2GO and SeaFM branding being killed off.

6 Likes

SeaFM Sunshine Coast & Tasmania will carry on.

Although, with the current programming agreement with EON & SCA, either SeaFM Sunshine Coast will have to do their own production, or maybe they too will rebrand to Hit at some point?

3 Likes

SCA slowing turning into Caralis & Camerons

2 Likes

2GO 801 am Forever Classic. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was also sad to see 4GR 864 go to been triple M… Still a lot of people bitter even after all this time

5 Likes

That can explained by the fact that they have much smaller overlaps with metro TV than the Gold or Central Coasts do.

And Wollongong and the Sunshine Coast both have a dedicated locally produced TV news bulletin.

2 Likes

According to the press release :slightly_smiling_face:

“Since the rebrands took place, there has been significant audience growth across many of the Triple M and Hit Network platforms, including an increase in digital radio streaming, which is up by 78.0%.”

" Head of Triple M Network Mike Fitzpatrick said: “It’s great to see our stations continually evolve. As a company, we are fiercely local and proudly national which is what we aim to deliver daily for our loyal listeners."

Its interesting how even though it appears some people are not happy, they still press ahead, it seems to convert into profit these changes.

It might have gone up even higher had they not disenfranchised local listeners.

2 Likes

come on we all know what some of these broadcasters press releases are like hehe :wink:
Take MML for example with their bullshit spin on just how well Macquarie Sports radio is apparently doing… It seem they can make a turd sound good on paper no matter how bad it is.

Streamlined networking means less cost is my guess which means more profit at the end of the day even if that means losing the stations local identity sadly

It would be interesting to do a survey to see what the figures are of who is annoyed vs on the fence vs people who don’t care in relation to the streamlining

3 Likes

Its an interesting era we live in these days. So much spin. Or is it because we are more aware of it, in the age of the internet. Maybe there was just as much spin but without the internet, it would of been only for those who read the newspaper or some magazine you would see the spin.

1 Like

Reading the comments on the 2GO Facebook page, a lot of people not happy about the name change to Triple M, as the station is losing its local identity. Not as much anger as the axing of Paddy and Sarah though.

The Sea fm audience don’t really care as there are only 4 comments v 100 on the 2GO Facebook page.

The SCA PR team are working overtime to reassure everyone that the only changes taking place is the names.

4 Likes

Only Mix in Perth to go now on the Triple M network

4 Likes

They could change the format to Classic Hits on Hit1041. 2ch has that format however.

Apparently SEN have acquired the old 2GO 801 AM site and will be piping SEN though to it.

Currently it’s just silent.

Anybody know anything else about this?

2 Likes

Will check property register, NSW transactions take a while to be sent through.

1 Like

They acquired it a while ago, it’s been silent for months, was silent for about 6 weeks before they acquired it, I mentioned & posed the question/theory in here a while ago.

Don’t know what’s happening with it ATM though?

2 Likes

I remember now.

Whilst down on the Central Coast today, Star 104.5 were on location at Harvey Norman Erina.

The store is just one block from their studios at Fountain Plaza

How convenient… I half expected to see a cable run across the road but there wasn’t (as I drove past).

Their presence didn’t look to be much anyway, just usual small marquee or two and staff standing around trying to look excited.

2 Likes

Do any of the Central Coast stations still have roaming promo cars?

1 Like

I didn’t see any Star vehicles today.

1 Like