Central Coast Radio

@Barry? Explain please?

I don’t know what you mean.

1 Like

I gotta say, I couldn’t agree more with the recent Gosford survey.

As it’s often mentioned here, Star have an outstanding product but it’s weakness is Breakfast. Star are number one across the day, and so close in Drive too. To see Ash and Gawndy on Sea take a rise would be no surprise to anyone I think.

2GO hit an all time low last year, so the only place it could go is up.

2 Likes

Except for the fact, some of those figures seem very dubious & that calls into question, how accurate are any of the figures & the result?

How come Star & Sea are very close in just about every demo & over all, but in the 18 - 24 demo, Star have 15%, but Sea have a massive 48% up 16.8% (that’s means Sea went up more than Star have total listeners), last years figures in that demo were also strangely skewed to Sea as well.

Also Sea equaled ABC Central Coast in the 55 - 64 demo up a massive 6.4 WTF.

Figures are all out of whack for Sea, especially when you compare most listened % & cumulative figures.

4 Likes

Not to mention, it also outrated Star in that demo, which I thought was surprising.

1 Like

Because it’s a phone poll based on recall of what shift/station listened to most.

There’s no reliability nor rigour in the research, besides the reliability of yes, the research company called the promised number for the sample.

He who is remembered the most wins.

Same reason why so many political polls are wrong, at least with that, every vote is counted. Audience research is far from that level of detail.

https://www.facebook.com/254542807898/posts/10157659162327899?sfns=mo

https://www.facebook.com/20370815298/posts/10158984257525299?sfns=mo

That means Star 104.5 will be the only local commercial radio station to maintain its local branding from the above date.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how the RDS on 107.7 changes to differentiate from Sydney TRIPLE M and Newcastle TripleM. Maybe MMM107.7 or MMM CC.

Hopefully it will be significantly different, otherwise listeners may find themselves listening to the wrong Triple M because there will be 3 of them.

1 Like

According to a Facebook comment on its page, Triple M Central Coast will maintain its current music log that is also being used in Hobart & Regional WA, which is more older skewing than its Newcastle/Regional Network (exc Classic Hits) stations.

2 Likes

Now just rebrand 2day and Fox to Hit and be done with it.

4 Likes

The Hit name definitely does not fit 2Days current format.

4 Likes

That is true, but they are using Hit in Adelaide with a similar format to 2day.

SCA said they would not rebrand the Gold Coast and Central Coast stations and look what’s happening now.

The 2day brand has been tarnished in Sydney and of all stations needs a rebrand. Melbourne love the fox and probably won’t take to well to a rebrand though.

I wonder how well people on the Central Coast will take to Triple M, as they blamed them for the axing of Paddy and Sarah and stuffing up 2GO???

3 Likes

If they rebrand to Hit 1041, they need to return to Top 40.

3 Likes

Don’t think this was said - 2GO/Sea Gold Central Coast and Gold/Sea Central Gold Coast (as with KOFM Newcastle and 4TO Townsville) were always to my knowledge slated as ‘transition brands’.

Granted, under the original plans all six stations were to rebrand as hit or Triple M by late 2017, and the Sea stations dropped the hit co-branding last year. But it was always on the cards, just a case of how long SCA would stall.

4 Likes

Other way around.

2GO/Sea Central Coast and Gold/Sea Gold Coast. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

It’s been a long day :laughing:

2 Likes

Repeat after me - The Central Coast no longer exists. Sydney is everything. Sydney is the best. Sydney rules. Sydney wins. People from Sydney are better people. We are now from Sydney. We love Sydney. We only want to be Sydney-siders. We are proud of Sydney. Now we listen to Sydney’s Triple M 107.7 and Hit 101.3

3 Likes

Same applies to the Gold Coast!

3 Likes

The irony is SCA cannot work out what Sydney likes.

5 Likes

Interestingly, according to ABS, the Central Coast is part of Sydney. It is also entirely within the Sydney TV licence area.

By comparison, Wollongong, as well as the Sunshine Coast, feels far more regional than either the Central & Gold Coasts, as far as the local media is concerned. This is mainly due to the fact that not any of the local commercial radio stations in both Wollongong & the Sunshine Coast are owned by SCA & therefore maintain their own local brandings.

3 Likes

The rebrands will work well for these “recall” surveys.

With THREE Triple M’s available in market you’d surely hope somebody is listening to at least one of them.

3 Likes