Broadcast Facilities

A photo of the Kings Canyon Resort radio mast.
Folded FM dipole up top for 89.0 triple j.

4 Likes

2AY studios in Albury.

The Edge FM signage on the building is intriguing as it would be outside its licence area? (or so I would have thought).

There is only one transmitter link on the building pointing north to 2AYs site, whereas Edge FM is at Mount Stanley, east of Wangaratta.

Thus I assume any Edge presence in Albury is sales only.

7 Likes

10 Sydney

1 Like

It seems they record it quite a while before airtime judging by the clock.

2 Likes

Its live to ir. Probably got the shot while they were rehearsing

2 Likes

Aerial view of ABC Melbourne from Eureka Skydeck.

It’s towards the top right of picture.

I could see that the red dish still has 774 on it.

8 Likes

Do we think that we’ll have to wait until this year’s upfronts (or that time period) to hear more about Nine’s move to 1 Denison, North Sydney.
I’m very curious to see the new offices

2 Likes

Two men have scaled the AWA Tower in the Sydney CBD.

It was never used as a television tower, but it looks very nice.

4 Likes

The AWA tower may never have been used for TV but it was used by 2CH many years ago, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve heard that be said & also thought it for a long time, but I’m pretty sure from being told other things, including from a tour guide of the AWA building when I had a tour, that no, the tower was never used to broadcast anything, it’s only a “symbol” of broadcasting.

2CH studios were in the building for some time in the past though, so 2CH technically broadcast from there, (maybe that’s how the thoughts about the tower came about?).

That tower is only a replica of the original too, the original structural integrity had deteriorated so much that it was fully replaced in 1994.

6 Likes

Just heard on the radio news that the old TVT6 building in Hobart will be demolished for construction of a new private hospital for those interested.

4 Likes

What’s the address of the building? I might go check it out this afternoon…

50 New Town Road, New Town. According to Google Street View, the building is now occupied by Contact Group.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Yes, heard it on the ABC Radio news earlier today. The site was in use by TVT6 then TasTV and then WIN Television from the opening of TV in Tasmania I believe until WIN moved to the ABC building a few years ago. End of an era for Tasmanian television history.

3 Likes

Found this photo of NPC from here.

8 Likes

Isn’t that an old photo of the then Nine Playout Centre? I think I posted it (and other facilties) pics at the very start of this thread out of interest.

Surely Seven and Nine broadcast teams won’t share the same MCR hub? That has disaster written all over it. Doubt the two networks would want it anyway, knowing how they can’t stand each other.

3 Likes

Never seen so many screens in the one room!

1 Like

BCM
jpeg-13

which also has another room full of more screens behind more glass, towards the back of this pic, as could be seen on the old Seven News national back-drop.

This was also the MCR refurbishment (fully flat screens, done around 2014?)

3 Likes

… which is why they ganged up against Ten over TX Australia, and formed another joint venture.

2 Likes