Broadcast Facilities

I have found a snapshot of the TVNZ newsroom in Auckland and this is what it looked like in 1989.

Everything’s changed these days.

Snapshot courtesy of YouTube channel @Sleek822 and TVNZ; no copyright infringement intended.

3 Likes

10 WBBL Commentary Box!

SEN Commentary Box:

Main Event:

1 Like

A bit of an update on the ABC’s Studio 26 in Sydney. Their former offices in Selwyn Street Elsternwick (not to be confused with the Gordon Street studios) are also mentioned.
ABC cashes in as former Sydney studios sold for $95m (commercialrealestate.com.au)

1 Like

I’ve lived in Leopold (east of Geelong) my whole life so the twin transmitters for 3CW have always been part of the landscape. Today I noticed that only 1 of them is still standing. I don’t know when the other was pulled down. No surprise as 3CW has been off air for a while now and the land is being developed.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Sunrise live from Disneyland

3 Likes

Did you take this photo

1 Like

Instagram: Jennifer Keyte on Instagram: "News crew and pit crew race ready @10newsfirst 🏎️🏁 #ausgp #formula1 #f1 #news"

1 Like

What’s this?

1 Like

Oh wtf, it didn’t send properly. I’ll try fix it. Jen walking into the studio, shows off some rarely seen angles of the set

3 Likes

A carpark with a view.

2 Likes

ABC Newsroom

3 Likes

Fox and 10 were next to each other at the F1 interviews area:

1 Like

QTQ’s Ku band satellite antenna is one of the last big satellite antennas left in Brisbane now: The big Ku band antenna at Optus Rochedale has now been demolished. I would imagine Nine still has a satellite transponder for disaster recovery and SNG but they are becoming a relic of a bygone era now fibre is everywhere.

1 Like

I believe Nine use Intelsat 19 as disaster recovery - they’ve had a few transponders there for a while

2 Likes

SEN at Norwood:

10/Paramount+ at AAMI Park:

Fox Footy NEP:

ABC in Darwin:

https://twitter.com/quentinhull/status/1649368509162598400?s=46&t=1xDnT4GHEsdn4Svv1sS4Iw

3 Likes

Here’s a couple of photos I managed to quickly get of Geelong’s main FM radio transmitter just out of Drysdale. KRock, Bay 93.9, 96three and The Pulse all come out of here. Kix Country is transmitted from Wandana Heights, as is Vision Australia I think.

3 Likes

Didn’t the Chinese radio AM towers also neighbour those?

1 Like

No, those were closer to Geelong at Leopold. Only 1 of them is still standing. Both transmitters belong to Geelong Broadcasters (Grants).

3 Likes

What does that transmit these days?

1 Like