Broadcast Facilities

… which is why they ganged up against Ten over TX Australia, and formed another joint venture.

2 Likes

Ahh so it is. Thanks to Gough for using an old photo! Good eyes @Sully

3 Likes

The only people in the networks that hate each other are the news directors and the PR teams.

Everyone else gets along in the small Australian industry.

5 Likes

Newshub’s Media Exchange

6 Likes

Not officially confirmed, but I’m hearing around the traps that the 7 transition from BCM to NPC will be completed today?

11 Likes

As has Melbourne

4 Likes

In Sydney too, so I presume the playout switch has been made in all metro markets:

What I’d probably be more interested to know (perhaps @TV.Cynic knows, because I think he receives the Gold & Sunshine Coast versions of Seven along with the Brisbane one) whether there’s finally an MPEG4 version of Seven Gold Coast and/or whether Regional Queensland now has Seven in MPEG2 SD & MPEG4 HD in-line with the metro markets.

2 Likes

No change to regional . I can’t tell if the GC is different until later in the afternoon.

2 Likes

What is noticeably different that shows it changed from BCM to NPC?

1 Like

The watermark is different - the 7 is more opaque; the HD slightly smaller.

2 Likes

Multichannel watermarks have also changed - at least for 7Two and 7mate

2 Likes

At least 7TWO and 7mate’s watermarks look more like their original ones now from what I’ve just seen

3 Likes

No change to Gold Coast HD situation this afternoon with break away programming only on SD.

5 Likes

I can’t see any black bars on any 7 SD channels (Sydney via Central Coast repeaters), and I have overscan turned off.

Yes, the 7TWO watermark is even more noticeable than before.

2 Likes

I prefer these ones over the stacked versions. Now it looks more consistent across all 4 multis.

7 Likes

There is one very minor difference.
The name of the channel currently showing on LCN 7, 70, 71 was “7HD Townsville”.

Since the change it is now just listed as “7 Townsville”.

No other changes, still broadcast in HD with no SD simulcast

4 Likes

However the TWO does not appear to be in the middle of the Seven logo preceding it.

Nor does the mate or the flix. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So looks like 7flix now played-out of NPC? Watermark has shifted position and PRG now the exact same as the other channels (was different previously).

1 Like

The flix is aligned on the bottom line and mate is middle-aligned but TWO appears to be strangely random, unless the logo has actually been changed?

1 Like