Broadcast Facilities

Yes, being the ABC main channel only was on a different mux on a different frequency.

2 Likes

What channel was that?

I went to the Korora or Bruxner Park site (the banana plantation is called Bruxner Park) 20 years ago and as I recall there was an Optus base in there as well. It was a NRN owned site back then from memory.

Coffs area has had vandalism issues for years - one mobile site (possibly Nana Glen) had someone break through the compound fence and start a bonfire once. Because it’s a long way from both Brisbane and Sydney, Coffs gets little attention from capital city based techs so its common to see overgrown compounds as well. The SCA TV techs in Coffs would have given that place some TLC but they may not even be there anymore since BA took over. To get it to burn like that would have required accelerant.

4 Likes

BAI only look after the broadcast side. The sites were sold to Axicom years ago, so I’m fairly sure being a former NRN site it would now be owned by Axicom.

1 Like

Probably anti-5G nutters that lit it then wondered why their TV didn’t work anymore when they get home.

9 Likes

News Breakfast

1 Like
1 Like

Filmed inside 7 Melbourne:

2 Likes

Some good shots of the set which I haven’t seen properly before

1 Like
1 Like

Some of the control room shots are in the old 7BCM presentation control playout suites.

1 Like

3 Likes

Finally remembered to take this one from the train just north of Gosford… two community radio stations next door to each other.

7 Likes

As seen on TV

3 Likes
4 Likes

So are they just replacing them with new models?

1 Like
3 Likes

They’ve been trialling a new set of robotic cams in Studio B, I assume it will just be upgrading to them.

2 Likes

This is from last year’s Ashes:

2 Likes

I live near Gosford and never knew this station existed.
I know of stations of Coast FM, Triple M Central Coast and Hit 101.3 are located in Gosford while, Rhema 94.9 and STAR 104.5 are located in Erina.