British Television

UK ratings for yesterday’s Cricket World Cup final have just been released. Channel 4 and Sky had a combined peak audience of 8.3 million for the cricket. Channel 4’s coverage peaked at 4.8 million at 7.25pm as England won the title after they tied with NZ in the super over. C4’s overall share for the day was 11.5% - its biggest since the 2012 Paralympics and double its 6% Sunday average. The match averaged 2.5 million on C4, 550,000 on Sky Sports Main Event, 520,000 on Sky Sports Cricket and 400,000 on Sky 1. More4’s coverage averaged 936,000 when C4 was showing F1 in the afternoon. The CWC final was soundly beaten by BBC’s coverage of Wimbledon men’s singles final, which averaged 6.5 million and peaked at 10.2 million.

1 Like

Any figure for Channel 4+1, those who watched it delayed by 1 hour?

ITV has renewed drama series Grantchester for a fifth series,it airs here on the ABC. IMG_20190716_063724

Nightmare scenario for ITV as the winner and runner up of the already recorded Champions edition have outed themselves

…the winner gave away the world’s biggest spoiler as they cheered and brandished a trophy for all to see.

The winner was shortly followed by the second place act who was also stopping for selfies and making their presence known.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/tv/itv-fuming-as-britains-got-talent-the-champions-winner-exposed-weeks-before-it-airs/ar-AAF91Ed?ocid=spartandhp

The final of Britain’s Got Talent has always been live, according to what I am seeing on Twitter, so this the first time it has been pre-recorded. There are a few people who have posted mobile phone video on Twitter of this new series, including someone who posted a surreptitious recording of the winner being announced. Obviously they didn’t take any notice of the no recording and no mobile phone use announcement.

However, in this case, it was the winner that is being criticised.

Posing with the trophy and cheering as they left filming clutching it really gave the game away

ITV and Syco had absolutely no right to criticise when they pre-recorded a show that should have been stripped live across a week like every other series of BGT has been. Just because they did it that way in America doesn’t mean it should have been done here.

That said very happy with the winners, and they were right to enjoy their moment with the fans who had seen them win inside. Just a shame the series was turnaround so quick to basically plug the gap left by axing this years X Factor in favour of a rather unwanted celebrity version.

This is brilliant - I’d hate to see the content of the complaint logs that a station gets

4 Likes

I’ve already posted this in the Commercials thread, as I mistakenly thought this one was locked. Apologies for the duplication, but I though it relevant to post here.

ITV showed a different kind of commercial break last night during BGT - a silent ad-break with the intention of getting people talking to each other/mental health awareness. Although an interesting idea, I think people were generally more likely to be talking to each other about what they were seeing on their TV screens than anything else!

All ad breaks on my TV are silent… that’s what the Mute button is for.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Netflix

Enjoy TV magic with behind-the-scenes access to working studios where many of your favourite daytime shows are made, including Good Morning Britain, Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women. On this unique 90-minute fully guided tour, you’ll learn about the history of television and how TV is made, visit never-before-seen backstage areas, as well as learn TV secrets and insider stories along the way.

Book your tickets now: https://daytimestudiostour.co.uk/buy-tickets/

2 Likes

Seven has shown season 1 of Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly but AFL states are yet to see the season finale on TV, and the episode is not available on 7plus.