Books on Australian TV History

Also, the publisher has a history of deep discounts (100-dollar-plus books sold for around 25 dollars) during regular sale periods.

3 Likes

Looks like the book will finally be out next week.

1 Like

Are any Australian retailers (either online of brick-and-mortar places) selling the book at a lower price than the one listed on international sites such as the Book Depository?

2 Likes

Chapter abstracts of the book are now available (or entire e-chapters if you purchase them):

1 Like

Academic books are massively expensive

3 Likes

Its a significant tome too at nearly 500 pages - not sure there are other written histories of australian media that come close

4 Likes

hard cover book advertised on sale for €23.36 (down from €119.99)

3 Likes

and purchased - thats a decent discount

2 Likes

Same here–and free worldwide shipping is a nice bonus.

1 Like

mine arrived today. A very polished product, almost 500 pages. Now just need the time to read it!!

Be interested to know the logistics. It appears to be a ‘print on demand’ model, so even though it was ordered and billed through an EU company the delivery came from printers in Dandenong. Which probably explains the cheap/free postage as it’s just local post.

4 Likes

Was going to post something very similar - mine arrived yesterday.

Had a quick flick through, it is incredibly well researched and referenced (even found us in as a reference!)

3 Likes

I have access to the online version for free through my Uni and the amount of information in it, especially the names of programs, is just amazing. I’ve been compiling a list of programs produced at each tv studio and this is very useful indeed.

1 Like

btw if anyone missed the discount for the hardcover book last time around there is now a 20 per cent discount

1 Like

eBook version is down to 16.99 EU (around $28) too.

2 Likes