Bluey

3 Likes

I think the Wiggles were the only other Australian show to do the parade.

Bluey featured this week as part of the plot line of US sitcom Abbot Elementary.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Two people familiar with the deal said Ludo Studios put the commercial rights to a tender process. The Brisbane outfit handed the valuable rights to BBC Studios because it saw value in having one media company take on all publishing, distribution and merchandising, one of the people said.

They said the ABC did not “have the firepower” necessary to muscle into the commercial negotiations, as the broadcaster was under intense scrutiny from the former Coalition government.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s Melanie Zanetti and David McCormack.

1 Like
2 Likes

The above report included two snippets of Sunrise’s chat with Melanie Zanetti.

Bluey has won another award, this time in the international category in the 2022 BAFTA Children and Young People Awards.

3 Likes

Aaother award for Bluey

Other Australian winners included

Best Preschool Programme Australia Bluey - Rain, Fairytale Ludo Production, BBC / ABC Kids

Bluey also won at AACTA Awards this week.

1 Like

I’m assuming Disney will be in talks to do a movie soon?

would be shocked if they don’t. best way to do it is the way they did the peppa pig movie - lots of regular length episodes with intersersials to bind it together. a 1.5 hour story would be too much for the kids

Four years in and Bluey’s audience continues to grow; the show is now the highest-rating program in the history of ABC Kids.

It has also carved out the position of most popular program ever across all broadcaster on-demand platforms in Australia.

The latest Bluey episodes (released in June 2022) achieved a total audience — including broadcast and on-demand — of over 10.5 million.

And it’s not just a show for kids. In 2022, Bluey was the top ABC program for the co-viewing demographic — that is, people over 18 viewing it with 0-17 year olds.

1 Like

i like watching bluey as well and im 38 lol

3 Likes

Chilli is on the cover of the February 2023 issue of InStyle Australia magazine.

chilli

Also see

2 Likes

same (as a 22yo) - it’s such a relatable show and showcases aussie life really accurately

and considering that I’m a brony, it doesn’t surprise me that I am now obsessed with another cartoon in Bluey

3 Likes