Australian Ninja Warrior

You can add 10 too, they’re bad at running shoes past their traditional 40 minute something run times.

1 Like

This is where the regulator turning a blind eye to overrunning shows has led too. Used to be one hour shows finishing 10 minutes late at 8.40. Then they began scheduling them as such but the shows would overrun to 9pm. Then they began scheduling them as such but the shows would overrun to 9.20pm.

The petty competitiveness of the Aussie networks has done the viewers no favours. Just look at the US networks - it was the most competitive broadcast industry in the world but shows finish on the hour on the dot. Even if they’re one minute late they’re scheduled as such.

A two hour premiere would be fine if the rest of the series through to finale was 60 minutes, but it’s not. And Aussie commercial TV is all the poorer for all the eggs being put in the 7.30pm basket - networks don’t particularly care about what they air afterwards as much as they would if they finished at 8.30/8.40. Indeed it is noteable how 10 is the only network to do that on a regular basis and gets rewards with it’s figures for HYBPA and Gogglebox.

2 Likes

Ah the usual antics when it comes to saving a failing show: Add some celebrities :sleeping:

2 Likes

It’s the Australian way, Though surprised we didn’t just get Celebrity Ninja Warrior instead this year so we can see the same rehashed batch of “celebrities” do this.

1 Like

Leila mentioned on that on some days, she didn’t finish filming until around 6am.

2 Likes

The American commentator is giving off Wipeout vibes and look where that went.

1 Like

There’s just enough freshness about this season to keep it watchable for now.

Always like new courses.

Already preferring Jim and Leila over Ben and Bec, but it was pretty easy to top them.

But i preferred Freddie or Shane over Will & Woody.

2 Likes

Every time Jim started speaking I kept on thinking I was watching the American version.

He and Leila work surprisingly well and they are much more tolerable than Ben and Bec. At least they didn’t sound like they were on five bottles of red cordial that hasn’t been diluted.

Will and Woody are surprisingly decent but nothing special. Would’ve prefered someone like Roz Kelly to be the sideline commentator.

2 Likes

Speaking of the American version:

2 Likes

From tonight’s show…

This looks to be old footage, there hasn’t been an AFL game at the Sydney Olympic Stadium for quite a few years now?

There was one game there this year between the Giants and Swans in Round 1, March 19 to be exact.

6 Likes

They played Round 1 this season. How can it be old footage?

1 Like

I didn’t realise that. I thought the Giants played all their Sydney games at the Showground stadium.

With State of Origin game 3 on Wednesday July 13 and the new season of Beauty and the Geek starting on Sunday July 17, the grand final of Ninja Warrior will probably be shown on Tuesday July 12, the same night as Big Brother finale on Seven.

UPDATE: the MasterChef finale will also be shown on July 12.

3 Likes

Yeah they normally do but they played the Swans there this season for whatever reason :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

Excluding the end of season special, at nine episodes it equals seasons 1 and 5 in terms of duration.

Zak Stolz won back to back Ninja Warrior title in the grand final last night, but no one made it to Mount Midoriyama.

Well, that’s boring.

2 Likes

I’d prefer they only allow new contestants on the show; perhaps they can replace the post season episode with one involving past contestants.

1 Like