Australian Ninja Warrior

There was one game there this year between the Giants and Swans in Round 1, March 19 to be exact.

6 Likes

They played Round 1 this season. How can it be old footage?

1 Like

I didn’t realise that. I thought the Giants played all their Sydney games at the Showground stadium.

With State of Origin game 3 on Wednesday July 13 and the new season of Beauty and the Geek starting on Sunday July 17, the grand final of Ninja Warrior will probably be shown on Tuesday July 12, the same night as Big Brother finale on Seven.

UPDATE: the MasterChef finale will also be shown on July 12.

3 Likes

Yeah they normally do but they played the Swans there this season for whatever reason :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

Excluding the end of season special, at nine episodes it equals seasons 1 and 5 in terms of duration.

Zak Stolz won back to back Ninja Warrior title in the grand final last night, but no one made it to Mount Midoriyama.

Well, that’s boring.

2 Likes

I’d prefer they only allow new contestants on the show; perhaps they can replace the post season episode with one involving past contestants.

1 Like

Zak Stolz wins Australian Ninja Warrior – Again!

Last year’s champion and fan favourite, Zak Stolz, has once again walked away with $100,000 after being the furthest fastest competitor in the Australian Ninja Warrior Season 6 Grand Final tonight on Channel 9.

And the pulsating Ninja action doesn’t end there, because tomorrow night on Channel 9 at 7.30pm the best of the best competitors including Zak return in a brand new special, Australian Ninja Warrior: Record Breakers.

Stolz, 23, who made history as Australia’s first back-to-back winner, said: “I’m delighted. The entire field this year was incredibly strong, with ninja legends and the addition of the teens. So to be able to hold up another season title would have to be the crowning achievement of my Ninja Warrior career.”

This season of Australian Ninja Warrior pushed a new crop of fearless ninjas and returning warrior legends to the outer limits of their endurance on the fastest course ever constructed. And for the first time, athletes aged 16 and 17 were allowed to enter the competition as we welcomed the Attack of the Teens. Plus, in a world first, ninjas raced side by side in a sudden-death showdown.

After starting the competition with 150 ninjas only eleven survived to make it through to Stage 2 of the Grand Final, including three impressive teens: Daniel Waterman, Saxon Johnstone and Ash Campbell.

Five ninjas then advanced to Stage 3: Ashlin Herbert, Jake Baker, Matthew Bowles, Zak Stolz and teen Saxon.

In a gripping finish, Zak held his strong form, falling short of conquering the daunting Mt Midoriyama but going one obstacle better than Ashlin, his best mate, to claim the Season 6 title of furthest fastest competitor onAustralian Ninja Warrior.

Zak added: “Anyone who goes that deep into the course could have won the entire series. It really goes to show how cutthroat Ninja Warrior truly is, with years of training culminating in a single two to three-minute performance. Maybe some season down the track I’ll be able to live out the dream of climbing the mountain again.”

Tomorrow night the ninja action goes up another gear when the best crop ever assembled – including Zak, Ashlin Herbert, Ben Polson, Olivia Vivian, Judith Carroll and teens Daniel Waterman and Saxon Johnstone – return in a brand new special, Australian Ninja Warrior: Record Breakers.

The biggest names in Australian Ninja Warrior history will go head to head on five supersized obstacles as they attempt to smash Australian and world records, win cash prizes, and claim the bragging rights everyone wants. Ben and Ashlin will be even more determined as they attempt to break the world records they set last year.

With a total prize pool of $75,000 and $15,000 up for grabs for each obstacle win, they’ll be striving to go further, faster and higher than ever as they take on the Rising Mega Warped Wall, Super Salmon Ladder,Soaring Sonic Shelf Grab, the new Spring Forward Face-Off, and the Australian-first Big Dipper Freestyle Challenge.

1 Like

I’m massive fans of what both Leila and Jim do in their other respective roles at Nine (AO commentating, ACA, Today, etc.), but I really didn’t enjoy them on ANW. They’re just sounded so fake and their excitement was so forced - Jim’s especially! I hope they don’t return next year - or if they do return, I hope they improve.

Every time they had a flashback to years past and played Ben’s voice - it made me miss him even more! He was made for this show.

1 Like

Looks like Ninja Warrior has been axed by Nine after six seasons.

Ninja Warrior was a huge hit when it launched in 2017, even outrating the grand finals of House Rules and MasterChef Australia in the same period. Ninja Warrior suffered a big drop in audience for the second season in 2018 and, although it regained some lost ground in the next two seasons (Ben Polson conquered Mount Midoriyama in season four), ratings fell away again in seasons five and six.

I am not sure if the constant venue changes (four different venues in six years) or obstacle changes played a part in the ratings decline.

4 Likes

Expecting Seven to snap this up soon

1 Like

Also, too many returning contestants. Should have been a new group each year.

8 Likes

It got boring because every season was too similar

2 Likes

And for some reason they keep stretching each episode out to 2 hours. No one’s able to stomach the show for that long.

A shame that they haven’t taken the time to work that out and refresh the show and instead they chopped it.

6 Likes

Yep. The original hit from Japan, was 30mins, it was all action and no back stories.

If it was compacted like that, it would have still rated well.

In our household, we recorded it and fast forwarded past all the rubbish. The show actually lasted 15mins of action from a 2 hour show. No wonder people stopped watching.

4 Likes

This is the problem with all the tentpole shows on the 3 commercial networks.

3 Likes

I wonder if that’s because there aren’t enough capable new applicants every year to do this

3 Likes

Probably to keep costs down so they don’t have to fork out $$$ for other shows?

1 Like