ausbiz

no its also a bussiness channell on 7plus

I think Leo is well aware of that, he’s just saying that the term is widely used outside of these two applications.

2 Likes

I’m no lawyer but she doesn’t have much legal leg to stand on because she didn’t Trademark the name. If it meant so much to her this might be the first thing to do?

1 Like
3 Likes

How is this channel doing?

1 Like

Hey @rock12 It’s Michelle here. Yes, I went to trademark the name as we’d hit two years of using it, and that’s when I found out that someone else was trying to trademark it. There was nothing out there at all with that name, so was confused to learn that. We had been compiling all content from our print, social and digital platforms to put it on a website and went to register the name ausbiz.com and also found out that it was taken. Again, nothing out there. And then a mumbrella annoucement came out announcing that 'ausbiz TV was coming soon. I own AusBiz Pty Ltd so yes, stupid mistake not trademarking it asap. Lesson learned the hard way.

1 Like

According to Mediaweek, Danielle Ecuyer will join ausbiz’s on-air line-up in March. Ecuyer is the creator of Shareplicity and was previously director of ING Barings (Asia) and UBS Wealth Management (London).

1 Like

So this story is coming from a financial media outlet who is a competitor? :thinking:

Looks like Kochie took the old Sunrise desk with him when he left.

5 Likes

CNBC on in the background. Isn’t that Ausbiz’s main rival? lol

Can they not give Ausbiz a better prominence on 7Plus? Unless I’m missing something, this channel is dead last on the list of 7Plus channels and you have to scroll through all of it to access it.

1 Like

Where is this channel getting funds from to keep operating?