North Melbourne
Brisbane
Geelong
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Carlton

1 Like

For those interested I have started an AFLW tipping comp this season, so please join if you would like to:

1 Like

Round 24 Results

Well done to me and @stmookeyj027 for winning the round with 6 points, and well done to @foxyrover for winning the main season.

140: foxyrover
139: MarkHD, stmookeyj027
138: trentics
135: Avatar5991, nr109nr18
132: JohnsonTV
131: Qwerty, Trains_and_Sports
125: TBoy
120: Aurora
69: Ryno_091
23: JasonF
10: WATV

Finals Week 1 Information

Here is what I propose for the first week of finals, the same as last year. There are 9 of us in the competition, so let’s split us into the top 4 and bottom 4, for the purpose of head-to-head pairings in the first week. Since Ryno_091, JasonF and WATV haven’t posted in a while, they will not participate.

Top 4: Those who finished in the two highest spots (foxyrover and MarkHD) each get to select someone in the lower half of that group (Avatar5991 or trentics ) that they would like to go head-to-head with for the first week of the finals. Whoever gets the highest points in each pairing advances to the preliminary finals , with the loser getting the double chance and moving to the semi-finals . For example, foxyrover chooses to take trentics on, foxyrover gets 2 and trentics gets 3, so trentics moves to the prelims and foxyrover goes to the semis.

Bottom 8: Those who finished in the two highest spots (JohnsonTV and nr109nr18 ) each get to select someone in that group (Qwerty, Trains_and_Sports and TBoy ) that they would like to go head-to-head with for the first week of the finals. Whoever gets the highest points in each pairing advances to the semi finals , with the loser unfortunately being eliminated . For example, TBoy chooses to take Aurora on, TBoy gets 2 and Aurora gets 3, so Aurora moves to the semis and TBoy is eliminated. Unfortunately due to an odd number, whoever is not picked will be disqualified, for example if JohnsonTV and nr109nr18 pick me and Qwerty, then Trains_and_Sports will be disqualified.

So by the end of the first week, out of the 9 of us, 3 will be eliminated, 2 will go to the prelims and get to skip the semis, and 4 will go to the semis.

I hope that makes sense. So what I’m asking from each of you is: your tips for the first week (post tips next week), and if you are one of the people mentioned as being in the higher half of each group, you need to select who you want to go head-to head with for the first week. First in best dressed, and the same person can’t be chosen twice.

1 Like

I would like to pick Qwerty as my opponent for first week of finals tipping.

2 Likes

I’ll take @Avatar5991 :rugby_football:

1 Like

Game on!

Collingwood
Carlton
St Kilda
Brisbane Lions

1 Like

What happens if we draw for a round?

If there is a draw I will do a coin flip. For example if you and Avatar5991 get 3 points each, I will flip a coin and say it got heads, you would go to prelims and Avatar would go to semis.

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be based on seeding? Whoever had the highest regular season score goes through?

@nr109nr18 Here we go!!

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for picking early.

Based on this, this means the finals matchups will be:

foxyrover vs. Avatar5991
MarkHD vs. trentics
JohnsonTV vs. Qwerty
Trains_and_Sports vs nr109nr18

Unfortunately, that means I will have to disqualify myself from the tipping competition because I was not picked.

IMPORTANT: ANYONE WHO HASN’T POSTED THEIR TIPS YET IS ASKED TO PRIVATELY MESSAGE THEM TO ME INSTEAD OF PUTTING THEM ON HERE, SO AS TO AVOID DELIBERATELY COPYING YOUR OPPONENT (excludes disqualified players)

RULE CHANGE: The rule for draws will be changed, thanks for @foxyrover for suggesting it. The new rule will be if foxyrover and Avatar5991 get 3 points, foxyrover would go to prelims and Avatar to semis.

2 Likes

I have DMed @TBoy my tips

Because I am not in the finals:

Collingwood
Carlton
GWS
Brisbane

1 Like

I have also messaged my tips.

1 Like

Same.

1 Like