ABC TV On-Air Presentation

The new (yes indeed this is real) ABC DVD logo. Could’ve worked better as a production closer but well, it looks like a crappy mock.

4 Likes

They could’ve at least updated the music :disappointed:

1 Like

Could’ve just repurpose the “ABC Original | iview” card. Animation is certainly much more creative.

1 Like

As far as the logo animation is concerned, I would’ve at least gone for the one used by the main TV channel’s On-Air Presentation.

I also agree that the music should’ve been updated, although I’m not overly surprised that it hasn’t after remembering how the 1988 ABC-TV Ident music was still used on the Video logo (and even the original ABC DVD logo) for ages.

1 Like

All of the Radio promos:

4 Likes

I recently noticed that the Opener/Closer for Question Time has finally been updated.

This is what they used for many years up until now:

These are the new openers:

4 Likes

Another radio promo:

1 Like

ABC Kids has just received a new rebrand. Anyone going to have any caps of station IDs later throughout today?

Kind of a familiar feel to it from the 2005 Green logo they had then.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Video

5 Likes

I don’t understand how they changed the carrot to a crocodile, yet they couldn’t change the apple despite it also being a food. Cue the classic ABC For Kids ident for other choices they could’ve gone with:

2 Likes

Why does the food have to change?

I agree the crocodile is an odd choice but only because it’s harder for young kids to say. Apple, Bee, Cat would have been easier.

2 Likes

Cute, but the designers really should’ve considered existing ABC brands/designs.

The red circle is ABC Local (radio).

2 Likes

Coronavirus CSA:

4 Likes

I’ve noticed of late the ‘We are Australia’ idents have been getting a run again. I think they first were aired in late 2018. Good idea giving the circumstances.

1 Like

While chasing down the new ABC News Channel set, some presentation from ABC:

4 Likes

Coronavirus education:

3 Likes

Nice new promo

3 Likes

Watch a very special -physically distanced- performance of ‘I Am Australian’ by the students of Broome Primary School and children across Australia. The ABC would like to thank the Mabu Yawuru ngan-ga language team and Yawuru Traditional Owners of Broome for providing the translation of the song ‘I Am Australian’ and for assisting us in the making of this video. ‘I Am Australian’ is written by Bruce Woodley AO and Dobe Newtown.

ABOUT THE SING-ALONG
Mostly filmed over the Easter long weekend, 100 children joined in the ‘I am Australian’ project with participants from a diverse range of areas across Australia including: Broome Primary School, Australian Youth Choir, The Sydney Children’s Choir, Allstarz Performing Arts School, the Pub Choir and more. The performance features children in their homes singing with their brothers, sisters, pets and playing instruments such as the violin, piano, trumpet and a didgeridoo.

ABOUT BROOME PRIMARY SCHOOL
Broome’s traditional owners are the Yawuru people. All students at Broome Primary School learn the Yawuru language and the school has been teaching it for over 30 years.
Jared Lawson, principal of Broome Primary School said, “Broome Primary School has a very proud tradition of valuing culture and language through the teaching of Yawuru language in school. This is a tradition that dates back to the 1980s with Broome Primary being the first school in Broome to teach Yawuru language. The late Mrs Edgar started the Yawuru Language program and today, her daughter Ms Judy Edgar and granddaughter Hiroko Shioji continue in her footsteps, teaching Yawuru language to all students at Broome Primary from Kindergarten to Year 6.”

4 Likes