60 Minutes

The story was meh. We knew all that. What was the point?

60 Minutes losing its last shred of dignity. Not content with running Today into the ground, Stefanovic has also worked his magic on 60.

5 Likes

It definitely was more ACA material at best.

Whoever thought Karl was an ideal reporter for 60 Minutes? When Kyle was crying, he pointed at him and yelled st Jackie O “Look at him. He’s crying.” That’s like schoolboy’s reaction, not a professional journalist.

If Kyle hadn’t been taking the piss (and Karl didn’t know he was) and he really did have a serious medical condition, that would have been a disgraceful reaction by any reporter.

2 Likes

Of course you’re forgetting about his fill-in stints for ACA, 2GB and the massive successes that were This Time Next Year and The Verdict. Just about the only major high profile role in that area of the network Karl hasn’t had a go in yet is Sydney’s 6pm news…but I presume they’ll be onto that the next time Peter Overton is off-air for a week or two. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve seen more honest promos in New Idea.

Hope 60 Minutes flops if this is the kind of stuff that they will show regularly in the future.

1 Like

Big problem with Nine’s misleading move:

Wasn’t aware of this, but 60 mins is thought to be the respectable one, while ACA is considered trashy? Honestly I think they’re as bad as each other but ok

1 Like

Nine going for some really hard-hitting journalism right there.

5 Likes

Kyle and Karl are close. I dare say the only reason Kyle did the interview was if Karl conducted it.

The cost-cutting has begun at 60 Minutes, with The Australian reporting that dumping the show’s talent budget, meaning the tradition of paying for interviews may be coming to an end. The report says Nine management has made the call to cut the budget for paid talent as part of large funding cuts to the program, which include travel, cameramen and other key staff, as network CEO Hugh Marks finds savings worth $100m from its free-to-air television programming.

3 Likes

Lord give me strength! Evan’s can’t get his face on one network so he try’s with another

1 Like

Giving Pete a further platform is highly irresponsible of Nine and 60 Mins.

3 Likes

I get the feeling its going to be all about making him look like a crack pot.

2 Likes

He doesn’t need 60 mins help with that, obviously.

1 Like