60 Minutes

Michael Usher Quits 60 Minutes to join Seven News Investigates Team
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/another-blow-for-60-minutes-as-michael-usher-jumps-ship-to-seven-network/news-story/c9216285ccf18ef1420c40fb24597e51?nk=ddd7d441588f9de5384509e9373be31d-1470716802

3 Likes

Wow what a coup!

Shame.

I personally think it is a downgrade as doesn’t everyone want to be on 60 Minutes?

Can you still say that after a certain major controversy with the program this year though? :wink:

8 Likes

Hopefully they do more serious stories than “World’s Best Metro”.

3 Likes

Not any more, with their tarnished reputation.

1 Like

I imagine it gets pretty boring after a while. You’d have to keep pushing boundaries to make the job interesting after a few years and we’ve all seen how that can turn out.

3 Likes

Is it a new show or part of Seven News?

In a new blow for Nine network’s 60 Minutes, senior journalist and host Michael Usher has joined rival network Seven to front its Seven News Investigates series.
SMH

Possibly one of the reasons why he jumped ship.

I thought that Seven News Investigates is either another name for “Special Reports” (ie, filler) on the 6pm news or an umbrella name for various one-off Seven News specials.

Wow I really did not see that one coming. Wonder if they’ll add a new reporter to the program or if they will just leave it as is

2 Likes

Maybe they are planning a new current affairs/news type show to accompany Sunday Night but on another night. If it is something new, you’d hope they pick a better name than Seven News Investigates.

3 Likes

60 Minutes

Sunday 14 August at 7.00pm

EMMA
SNEAK PEEK
Emma Hayes is a smart and beautiful 12-year-old-girl. Karl Stefanovic first met her three years ago when she bravely told him how she had always known she was a girl – even though she was born a boy. Back then, Emma’s parents made the difficult, but ultimately obvious, decision to let her be their daughter. This year she started high school and now some even bigger changes are planned. Emma is about to begin medical treatment to permanently transition to life as a woman. And she’s doing it with inspiring courage and strength.
Reporter: Karl Stefanovic
Producer: Steve Jackson

CHINAWOOD
SNEAK PEEK
When it comes to making movies, there’s Hollywood of course, and you’ve probably heard of Bollywood in India. But now get ready for shouts of “Action!” from Chinawood. That’s right, the Chinese have discovered the blockbuster, and with potential theatre audiences of 1.4 billion people, it’s not surprising that in China more than 20 new cinema screens are opening every day. In this business worth billions, it’s expected that Chinawood will soon topple Hollywood. But far from being worried, American and Aussie filmmakers are racing to get in on the action.
Reporter: Allison Langdon
Producers: Grace Tobin, Sean Power

TOP DOG
Few would argue that man has no greater friend than a dog. The pet pooch has been by our side for thousands of years, but in all that time we’ve never really studied their behaviour scientifically. However researchers in the United States are now attempting to assess just how smart canines are. As Liz Hayes discovers, the big question they want to know is whether dogs love us like we love them – and after working out what goes on in a dog’s brain, they think they have the answer.
Reporter: Liz Hayes
Producers: Howard Sacre, Phil Goyen

Maybe now time to get a new promotional image for 60 Minutes, now that Michael Usher has left the program! :wink:

1 Like

Better?

9 Likes

Just make Tara Brown’s dress orange or striped and it’ll be perfect.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Peter Stefanovic join the team permenantly.

2 Likes

I would watch out for the other Stefanovic. Or with Inside Story axed, Leila McKinnon?

I think they will go with a male to keep the 3:3 ratio otherwise snapping Chris Bath up would be a smart move.

2 Likes

Made another slight adjustment to the promo image

7 Likes