2022 Victorian Election - Media Coverage

Look i dont need to recap what happenened in 2020 it has been dealt with many times over.

But i do need to correct you. The reason Melbourne Airport closed and therefore international travellers could not enter the state was because Dan’s government fucked hotel quarantine up and then opted to cease it all together. That was his and his governments decision. Dont try to rewrite history.

Section 51 of the constitution

The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power12 to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to: (…)

(ix) quarantine.

no good blaming Dan when the actual constitution (you know, the law that this country is founded on and dictates who has power between states and feds) literally says quarantine is a federal government power so if the blame lies anywhere its morrison

4 Likes

Is everyone suffering from memory loss?

Each state ran their own hotel quarantine program and had their own quotas for overseas passenger arrivals.

For much of 2020, Victoria took zero passengers. Here is Dan’s announcement of his plan to resume accepting international flight on December 2020…

Victoria’s hotel quarantine system to resume under a new agency run by Corrections Commissioner Emma Cassar - ABC News

Disgruntled former employee

Wouldn’t put much credibility behind that then.

Another old disgruntled ex-employee.

Good for him?

Need I say more?

For the record, I don’t vote Labor.

Matthew Guy is being interviewed by WIN News tonight.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/6NewsAU/status/1592103958541389825

2 Likes

Caught a new promo on 7 Plus of election night coverage.

This seems to be their panel.

“Election night coverage from 5:30pm”

3 Likes
1 Like

Seven have a great panel.

2 Likes

I like the addition of Fiona Patten, it gives a different perspective to the majors

5 Likes

I guess, if you quality commentary like this.

https://twitter.com/jeff_kennett/status/1593543557662445573?t=x1Ei46_KtcAVdVqquQqmzA&s=19

Whether you personally like Jeff or not doesn’t matter. Fact is he’s a former Premier so his insights add value to the panel.

3 Likes

I look forward to Peta Credlin’s hard hitting investigation into how the liberal party is full of extreme right wing freaks and religious nutbags.

This is far more concerning and dangerous than any perceived faults in Dan Andrews.

3 Likes

You’ll be waiting a longtime. :joy:

5 Likes

Who’s blowing the "dictatorship " dog whistle to appeal to the fringe again. How much lower can he go? And for the record, I actually voted for Kennett so that might tell you something about how I viewed his politics.

Great use of the ABC News Set in Vic for the show

7 Likes

Ugh I thought we’d seen the last of the fossil Kennett since they dispensed his segment with Latham on Sunrise. He just grumbles and complains these days about everything so he’s about as useful as a neighbour who you try to quieten during a Saturday Night party.

4 Likes

As expected, the Sunday Herald Sun’s election editorial supports Matthew Guy and the Liberal Party.

What a shocker! :joy:

3 Likes

Sunday Age’s editorial today doesn’t support either party, with the emphasis on the Suburban Rail Loop. It asks both Labor and Liberal to have another good look at the SRL.