2022 Federal Election - Media Coverage

NBN bulletins Saturday night. Including cross to Jane Goldsmith at Cessnock function, with Nine News Sydney on screen in the background:

ABC News bulletin last night, with use of red swirl:

7 Likes

First media conference.

7 Likes

Oh, God. :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Should have got the police to take this idiot away as a public nuisance. Do they really think this idiotic juvenile nonsense is funny?

6 Likes

What an absolute tool, he is.

7 Likes

A great assessment of the federal press gallery’s treatment of Albanese during the election campaign from the WA Premier. I love that Albo set some ground rules for them at his media conference this morning.

13 Likes

‘Tough for him’: Frydenberg finally concedes:

https://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/josh-frydenberg-concedes-defeat-to-monique-ryan-in-kooyong/news-story/eb8e49ac0533932a82c8bcf28796150f

Glad we’ve found out who it was. Still hate that sort of behaviour and it was really awkward watching it on Saturday night when he was delivering his speech. Really don’t see the appeal of Kyle and Jackie O and taking away someone’s moment like that is also just a pretty selfish and dick thing to do.

5 Likes

It really is not a good look for them.

5 Likes

It’s obvious why they’ve done it. Kyle is a huge Scomo fan.

2 Likes

“Scomo fan” is not how I’d end that sentence. I have plenty of other words for him!

2 Likes

Reckon David Speers hosts ABC coverage of next election?

Also. Who does everyone think hosts Vic state election?

Virginia Trioli and Speers on abc?
Alicia Loxley and Tony Jones on 9?
Peter Mitchell on 7?

1 Like

Let’s hope so. Leigh Sales wasn’t that good this time around.

ABC’s coverage was mostly good but at times did feel like something was missing. Felt they need a news presenter or anchor to bring things together at times.

Considering how heavily he featured in the coverage over the weekend, think that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

4 Likes

Isn’t this the same idiot that stormed the Steve Smith press conference 4 years ago after Sandgate? What a complete tool.

3 Likes

yes I fully agree, it felt empty. maybe they needed some more politicians on the panel, and perhaps more likeable and outgoing analysts other than Probyn and Crabb. not that there’s anything wrong with them, but they aren’t that entertaining to watch.

Also, those other strategists next to David Spear’s set were useless.

1 Like

Leigh isn’t leaving abc. So there’s every chance she’ll be back next time.

Speers would be good for Vic election.

what exactly is Leigh going to do at the ABC? does anyone know?