2019 New South Wales state election - media coverage

1 Like

Who in their right mind would even think of picking him to be on their panel? Why not John Howard for a change instead of having him for a pointless exclusive interview they had a week ago.

Proves Seven is still run by a bunch of morons.

No point when ABC, Seven and Nine do it already. What point of difference can Ten deliver to justify doing their own costly election coverage AND bring in a good enough crowd?

10 may now have the on air talent, but they still don’t have the level of resources that the others networks have. There is no need for them to do wall to wall coverage tonight. Having local news updates is enough at this stage.

What did he say?

10 News First Update, Sam Dastiyari is joining her in the studio

Sandra said they would be back shortly with another update

Channel 9 have a robot kicking people out

Breaking news popup

3 Likes

don’t know. I’m in Melbourne and not interested enough to look for a live feed :stuck_out_tongue: I just saw that message on the tweets.

Alan Jones inferring he still rents videos, saying you need to show ID to rent a video but you don’t show ID when you vote.

2 Likes

Haven’t watched much but have to say I’m preferring Seven’s coverage over Nine and I’m usually a Nine News viewer. Nine’s panel just seems to be talking over each other. Musher is doing a stellar job. Beats me why he isn’t Seven’s main anchor in Sydney.

5 Likes

ABC predicting a Liberal-National win.

Nine is too.

Seven.

Nine at Penrith Panthers.

2 Likes

From my observations, the ABC seems to be ahead of both Seven & Nine when it comes to the counting of seats. It’ll be quite interesting to see if this is also reflected in the ratings.

Nice to see that Nine have got their own network on in the background of a live cross. While (very briefly) flicking over to Seven they had ABC coverage on in the background of a live cross! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Use of the curved screen on set

Behind the scenes with Ross

2 Likes

Advantage of having Antony Green looking at the raw numbers and making calls using his experience. No other producers in the country have his insights

3 Likes

10 News First Update

Seven also called a Coalition win a while ago

3 Likes

SBS Radio on Twitter:

Seven is actually great coverage. Nine is a snore fest. ABC has disinteresting people on.

It’s been great watching Chris Meers on Seven as he watches his seat, say what you like about Mark Latham - he’s a great analyser of the seats and knows them all very well, Jenny McAlister is pretty honest. Usher very good. I would have swapped Sean Berry and Mark Riley. Berry had no control over Barnaby and Meers arguing.

2 Likes

The Liberals are watching the ABC.

1 Like

ABC coverage was playing in the background of Mark Burrows’ live cross on Nine. UPDATE: See post above.

Also unless I’ve missed something, it’s a pity Nine haven’t used Jayne Azzopardi at all during their coverage tonight. She did a teriffic job in 2015! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Azzopardi has been regularly used on Nine’s election coverages over the years. Her former role as a Federal Parliament reporter makes her perfect for a role on tonight’s coverage.

1 Like