Watermarks

Only just, haha. At least on my TV…

2 Likes

There is a screencap still in the old WIN Television or Watermark thread but the old forum isn’t working atm :frowning: I agree it was a good watermark just don’t know why they changed it so soon.

WIN did remove the map and just had the WIN part of the map watermark early in 2008 but that only lasted a day before mappy was back.

2 Likes

I think that 2008 change might have been a technical glitch.

2 Likes

could be toned down brightness wise but looks better.

7 on the other hand has a nice smallish and appealing 3D style logo and ruined it by making it 2D and an awful larger grey. Ugly.

2 Likes

Nope. This is the one, timestamp 28 March 2006. It was an actual transparent B&W version of the 2006 logo. They were silly to replace it.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty stupid move by WIN to make their watermark louder and more obnoxious when it’s so easy to stream 9Now, with a less obtrusive watermark, to your big screen.

It baffles me why these networks feel the need to annoy viewers with all this on screen graffiti. I was quite happy to view fast tracked American content on Ten until they decided to bludgeon me with obtrusive promos. Now I don’t bother. The free to air networks are lucky to have me watching their news services these days.

8 Likes

I haven’t been able to cap it yet.
But WIN has started adding a new watermark to GEM in the top left corner saying “you’re on the WIN Network” (with the old map logo)

2 Likes

Interesting. Does it stay on screen throughout the whole program segment?

2 Likes

From what i’ve just seen, it only slides in for 5 seconds.

2 Likes

Sounds like a much better alternative to the 24/7 cover-ups.

Discussion is continued in the WIN thread as this is not a watermark.

3 Likes

Prime/7mate viewers get the Olympics rings for NFL Superbowl coverage

No rings on Seven/7mate for some reason?

4 Likes

Noticed that here on Prime7 Ballarat (holidaying at The Grampians N.P.)

Perhaps Seven (metro) decided not to, for less convolution?

Prime7 (as any regional) are always behind…

2 Likes

As seen yesterday

3 Likes

There’s a giraffe one too taking a bite out of the watermark.

2 Likes

That giraffe should have eaten the WHOLE watermark in a way so that it cannot EVER return! :smile:

4 Likes

Nine Gold Coast HD channel now says “HD”

5 Likes

Expect to see the 9HD watermark look similar on NBN based channels

2 Likes

Nice to finally see some creativity! Looking good. Thanks for the pics RH.

Edit: Sorry, TVC!

2 Likes

They weren’t mine.

2 Likes

Gee channel 11s watermark is massive and in a stupid spot needs to be smaller and moved to the right a bit more

2 Likes