Songs lost to radio

I just love this song!

I don’t know why…I remember it being the first track on the “Right On Track '87” compilation LP (which I still have).

I’ve also downloaded the 12" mix too (which radio rarely play ANY of more… except maybe the odd song on WSFM on a Friday or Saturday night).

On that same album above is one of the few rap songs that I’ve ever liked… “Holiday Rap” by Mc Miker G and DJ Sven… I haven’t heard that on the radio since 1987 either…

But I see can why some people don’t like either of these songs and why I’ll probably never hear them on radio again.

most likely Rebel

Rooms for the Memory - Michael Hutchence & Ollie Olsen (1987)

Charted at #11 on the Kent Music Report. Appeared on the Dogs in Space soundtrack & the '87 Hits Out compilation.

http://www.australianmusicdatabase.com/recordings/rooms-for-the-memory-by-michael-hutchence

http://www.oz-compilation-albums.com/80s/1987/87hitsout/cdinfo.htm

Invincible - Pat Benatar (1985)

Charted at #23 on the Kent Music Report. Rarely heard on Brisbane commercial radio apart from an occasional inclusion in the Cold 30 on Triple M & possibly River 94.9 FM.

I had the cassette of that 1987 Right on Track ,it had a yellow background with black writing

Toni Childs- I’ve Got To Go Now. At over six minutes duration, it’s easy to see why it isn’t played, but it did have a good run in the early 90s. Another powerful female vocal track.

2 Likes

ahh Stop Your Fussin’ :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Your time will come.

1 Like

Don’t Walk Away! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I like that one😊

You lot have Many Rivers To Cross :wink:

All great tracks btw

All the crappy jokes… haw haw…

I’ve got to go now.

oh dude! Keep The Faith :stuck_out_tongue:

Schnell Fenster - Love Hate Relationship… received a little airplay on FM104… in 1989… then never again.

1 Like

One song that used to get flogged a lot in the last 10 years or so that I haven’t heard for a while

Faith - George Michael

Freaky but I heard Faith on DAB just yesterday morning, think it was on Easy, and thought to myself I hadn’t heard it in a long while.

2 Likes

Yes ~ It was on Easy… It was such an FM staple it become just like wallpaper in the 90s… still kinda grated on me yesterday… so I switched over to OMG…

in time to catch ‘Mexican Radio’… Wall of Voodoo…

I’m still waiting to hear ‘Far side of Crazy’… a song that reminds me so much of Shirl & Irvine, Hot Hit 3XY

2 Likes

Same here with “Far Side Of Crazy” but it is 2SM that the song reminds me of.

2 Likes

Yeah I was a kid at the time in NZ but used to listen to 2SM and 3XY at nights… and yes you’re right… I remember hearing it on 2SM… Julie Brodski was doing nights by that stage…

‘Far side of Crazy’ never made it to NZ radio…

Sadly i never got to hear much of 3XY here in Newcastle as it was adjacent to 2KO (1413) on the dial.

Two of the key differences I noticed from afar with 2SM and 3XY were:

• XY had adopted the ‘zoo’ format for breakfast so promoted it relentlessly across all sessions
  • XY still had ‘full service’ type programmes like ‘punter to punter’
1 Like