Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Not a sport fanatic. Or care about who wins any game ever. Seems. 7 Queensland has changed there Facebook profile picture to match the team ?

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s due to the State Of Origin.

The social media profile pics of Nine News Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast also recently changed colours for the same reason.

4 Likes

Happens every year for SoS.

1 Like

You’ll also notice the watermark on the news changes colour during the sport as well at State of Origin time.

2 Likes

[quote=“GradyACN, post:1368, topic:103”]
7 Queensland has changed there Facebook profile picture to match the team ?
[/quote] Because Nine News did this.

##seven News Investigates: The Devil You Know

Monday 20 June at 8.45pm

It was the crime that captivated Australia and made headlines day after day.

On May 20, 2014, 20-year-old university student Jamie Gao was shot dead inside a Padstow storage shed in Sydney’s south west. Six days later his body would be found by fishermen, stuffed inside a surfboard bag floating off the Cronulla coastline.

Damning security footage put two men inside that shed with Gao – former NSW detectives Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara.

Both pleaded not guilty to the shooting murder and a separate charge of taking part in the supply of 2.7kg of ice.

During the four-month trial Rogerson and McNamara pointed the finger at each other for the murder. Today, a jury found both men guilty on all charges.

Now, in a powerful one-hour special investigation, Seven News will examine in forensic detail the full, extraordinary facts surrounding the case.

Featuring incredible CCTV vision of the 48 hours before, during and after the murder, senior reporter and Walkley Award-winning journalist Robert Ovadia pieces together the events that led to Gao’s death and key evidence in the investigation.

We look back at the life and crimes of Rogerson, one of Australia’s most infamous detectives, and hear from the insiders who know him and McNamara best. And the shocking revelation from one of the most respected policemen in NSW history.

Not sure if Seven is copying Nine (which has the 60 Minutes special on the same trial tonight), or was the documentary made in advance pending the trial verdict?

Judging by the promos for both specials and what each of them includes (eg; interviews, unseen footage), it’s safe to say they were made a while ago. Nine & Seven were just waiting for the Rogerson & McNamara trial to end before they would be aired for obvious reasons

3 Likes

Some Seven News budget graphics

State

City budget

4 Likes

Budget graphics for a 6:00pm news bulletin, or budget graphics for a 20 metre high outdoor billboard?

Then again, considering the average age of a Seven News viewer, they’re probably appropriate.

“Major announcement” about 7News before the end of tonight’s bulletin in Brisbane. Any clues or predictions? GC News?

2 Likes

The announcement was of the new Gold Coast news service. Presenter will be Rod Young and will start on July 4!

2 Likes

Gold Coast News 7 nights a week from July 4, hosted by Rod Young. After 14 years, next weekend will be Rod and Kay’s last bulletin together. Wonder if he will be replaced or Kay will read solo?
More details in tomorrow’s Sunday Mail.

10 Likes

This is big. I wonder if it’s worth it?

2 Likes

Surprised to see it will be on 7 days a week, wonder if they will air it at 6?

3 Likes

I think only time will tell.

Anyway, I was going to post a clip of the announcement but of course Seven has it covered! :wink:
https://twitter.com/7NewsQueensland/status/744093377323368448

3 Likes

Big gamble on both Gold Coast news going 7 nights a week (I expected it to be on weeknights only, how are they going to fill the newshour on weekends?) and splitting Rod and Kay apart.

3 Likes

Announcement from tonight

It will be a contest between two former ABC news readers - Rod an Bruce were originally ABC News Qld anchors.

9 Likes

Interesting choice. Rod actually lives on the Gold Coast and has for a long time, so I guess it will cut down on his commute. No offence to Amanda Abate or Kendall Gilding but they just wouldn’t rate against a very established bulletin. Perhaps one of them will do weekends?

I’m assuming Paul Burt (who also lives on the Gold Coast) will do weather or provide fishing/boating reports and Giaan Rooney (another Gold Coaster) will do sport. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow or soon enough.

2 Likes

I can confirm Nine is ready to fire back. Expect 7 days and an even bigger announcement coming regarding Nine Gold Coast News. This is war and Nine isn’t about to take this sitting down.

6 Likes