Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I can confirm Nine is ready to fire back. Expect 7 days and an even bigger announcement coming regarding Nine Gold Coast News. This is war and Nine isn’t about to take this sitting down.

6 Likes

Will 7 Gold Coast News go 6-7 daily and be a composite bulletin replacing 7 News Brisbane.

Or will it be a purely local bulletin airing 5.30 daily as the lead in to 7 News Brisbane?

2 Likes

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:1388, topic:103, full:true”]
Will 7 Gold Coast News go 6-7 daily and be a composite bulletin replacing 7 News Brisbane.

Or will it be a purely local bulletin airing 5.30 daily as the lead in to 7 News Brisbane?
[/quote] I think Seven might be smart about this, and run it 6-6.30, so it is not directly up against Nine. But we never know…

Extract from the Sunday Mail:

Wonder if Brisbane and/or regional Qld will refresh their studios at the same time?

2 Likes
4 Likes

7 GOLD COAST NEWS - 7 DAYS A WEEK AT 5.30PM

Channel Seven today announced the launch of the 7 Gold Coast News, broadcast every day at 5.30pm, beginning Monday 4 July 2016.

Rod Young will present 7 Gold Coast News, Monday to Friday at 5.30pm, with Amanda Abate reading the 5.30pm weekend bulletin live, from a new purpose-built studio in the heart of Surfers Paradise.

7 News’ coastal, boating and fishing expert, Paul Burt, will be presenting the essential Gold Coast weather forecast in addition to his regular 7 News weather segments and Step Outside.

Gold Coast resident and Seven presenter, Liz Cantor will also bring the latest weather reports for the new local news service.

Providing a wealth of experience for this bureau, Rod, Amanda, Paul and Liz all call the Gold Coast home, proudly living by the beach for most of their respective lives.

Ben Roberts-Smith, General Manager Seven Brisbane/Regional Queensland said, “Seven is proud to be investing in this new local Gold Coast News service. It reaffirms Seven’s commitment to the local community and highlights our belief in providing all communities a voice through quality local News programming".

Supporting these loyal local presenters is a committed team of journalists and crews bringing viewers their own dedicated home-grown news service.

Neil Warren, 7 News Director for South East Queensland added, “We are proud to be bringing the Gold Coast a quality local news service, it thoroughly deserves, 7 days a week. Focusing not just on the stories of the day, but the local issues that matter to people most. A local news service, for locals, produced and presented by locals who understand the community”.

6 Likes

Sounds pretty good. It will be very hard for Nine to top that, @Read_It_First. The only thing I can think of is if Nine do more local news throughout the day/night and may bringing in a double header…

BTW, Queensland will receive a local news at 5 today to do with the flood warnings.

1 Like

Very interesting to hear that Seven is planning to air it’s Gold Coast bulletin at 5.30pm, right up against Nine.

Without trying to tread to far into the Mock Schedules thread, perhaps something like this will be the weekday schedule for Seven Gold Coast from July 4?

*4pm: Seven’s Afternoon News: Queensland Edition (with customised closer for the Gold Coast audience, like what Nine does with it’s bulletin before going to Hot Seat at 5pm on the Gold Coast)
*4.30pm: The Chase Australia
*5.30pm: Seven Gold Coast News
*6pm: Seven News Queensland (as the case is now)

Due to the NRL, Nine will not be able to go 7 days a week until the end of season, unless it goes on Gem. Seven will have Sunday to themselves, I think.

1 Like

I personally think it would have been better to air it at 6:00pm rather than compete with Nine News Gold Coast, but it sounds like it’s going to be a great new bulletin for that region.

3 Likes

Perhaps Seven have to show the 6pm Brisbane bulletin on the Gold Coast?

In any case, I agree. The introduction of competition in local news on commercial TV the Gold Coast can only be a good thing for viewers and the local media industry in general.

1 Like

Wonder how Sundays will look? Great South East at 5 (no national bulletin?) and local news at 5.30?
Saturdays - Qld Weekender at 5?

I remember reading that the future of Queensland Weekender and The Great South East on Seven is currently uncertain because Seven wants to do in-house production of those type of shows while the production company that makes them (TPD Media) owns those brands…something among those lines anyway. But that’s for another topic.

In any case, I wouldn’t be surprised if Seven don’t air the national weekend Seven News At 5 bulletin on the Gold Coast post-July 4 even if Queensland Weekender and The Great South East continue on the network.

2 Likes

I assume It will be at 5.30pm?

And The Chase brought forward to 4.30pm for GC with Seven News at 4pm cut to 30 mins?

4 Likes

The press release from Seven says that their new Gold Coast bulletin will air at 5.30pm, with presumably the Brisbane bulletin continuing to air at 6pm.

I agree that The Chase will most likely air at 4.30pm, complete with a “…and that’s where we leave our Gold Coast viewers. Your local news is at 5.30pm but up next is The Chase Australia” Queensland Afternoon News signoff similar to what Nine currently do during their QLD Afternoon News.

3 Likes

I agree!

I wonder if they will have Gold Coast based studios or if read from Brisbane.

If the latter, Nine will have a field day … eg. “Nine Gold Coast News, the Coast’s ONLY Live And Local news”.

1 Like

As per its press release Seven’s new Gold Coast bulletin will come from studios at Surfers Paradise

6 Likes

Seven’s bulletin will be locally produced, although I can just imagine Nine’s new promo for their Gold Coast news bulletin…

“The Gold Coast’s longest running local TV news service with the most experienced team!”

4 Likes

I’ll be interested to see where the viewers who previously watched The Chase on 7 Brisbane (and presumably don’t want to watch news at 5.30) will go. There isn’t much choice on the main channels from Brisbane so perhaps they will switch to The Chase on 7Prime.

3 Likes