Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I doubt it strongly. 7 does not concede defeat to nine that easily. My educated opinion would
Be the 7 nights a week news is permanent

5 Likes

I personally believe that a weekend edition of the news for the Gold Coast was and still is a fantastic idea, however it doesn’t really work for a half hour local content-specific bulletin.

2 Likes

Coming from their main rival, I’ll take this with a grain of salt.

Agree re time but a very reliable source told me that it will be gone, sooner rather than later. Realistically it wouldn’t be seven giving up, it would be seven adjusting their focus… which should be on the weeknight bulletin.

I noted some of you discussing ratings - Nine Gold Coast news has won every week since seven started by a margin no less than 20,000.

On Sydney’s NBC Nightly News tonight…oh wait, sorry:

(seriously though, I’m a fan of anything that reduces Fergo’s screen time).

2 Likes

Glitter Strip Bare: Inside the Gold Coast’s world of crime, courts, politics, entertainment and property

CHANNEL Seven looks to have a new ally in its ratings war with Nine – Currumbin RSL Club.

The bitter battle between the networks escalated at the weekend when police stopped a Nine crew from entering the club to film the unveiling of a statue of fallen local war hero Corporal Cameron Baird, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2013 and posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross for outstanding bravery.

The club confirmed Seven was given exclusive TV rights because of a sponsorship deal which helped pay for a $5000 plinth for the statue.

Rick Ardon in the Newsroom before 6.00 for tonight’s headlines:

2 Likes

4 Way Cross Graphic:

Cross to Angela Cox Graphic:

2 Likes

So much glare and blotchy spots on the backdrop on 7’s bulletin tonight. Is this usual?

Update: They have moved the camera angle so it is no longer visible.

What market?

Sydney.

During daylight, yes, though it was particularly bad tonight.

They always shift across to the Opera House view at some point during the second half of the bulletin so nothing unusual about that.

Also, just in case there weren’t already enough logos on the screen let’s add one on a helmet as well:

6 Likes

Seven News Special: 10 to 1: Countdown Our Greatest News Events

Wednesday 23 November at 7.30pm

We count down the top ten news stories seen on Australian television over the past 60 years. The stories that shocked and shaped us and the stories that made us laugh, gasp and cry.

1 Like

Just added to schedule with description above. Expect will send out more details ahead of the broadcast.

Surely I’m not the only one who won’t be terribly surprised if a certain newsreader hosts, or at least is heavily involved in this Seven News Special?

Aside from that, I wonder what the criteria of “a top ten news story seen on Australian TV over the past 60 years” is? Does it have to be a story specific to Australia or can significant global news be included too?

I like the idea but personally I’d prefer to see a news special that doesn’t restrict itself to ten news events.

Rob Brough?

2 Likes

Yeah, I was referring to a Sydney newsreader…no prizes for guessing which one! :wink:

1 Like

Great coverage by 7NEWS Melbourne this afternoon. Live streamed on Facebook a police chase that has ended on the Westgate Bridge. At its peak, the stream had 21,000 people watching it. 9news did their own live stream 10 minutes after Seven had started with theirs only peaking to 4,000 viewers.

Good to see them utilising social media opportunities well

Ma… Michael Usher?

3 Likes