Seven AFL Coverage

Looks to be HD but at a low bit rate.

1 Like

Looked pretty good on 7mate Central Coast and Sydney but yeah, bitrate is bad

1 Like

Dennis doesn’t go to the olympics, so he should still be available, along with BT, Luke Darcy & Jason Bennett (VFL host/commentator).

I’d say something like this:

Fri - BT & Dennis
Sat - Jason Bennett and Luke Darcy
Sat night - BT
Sun - Jason Bennett and Dennis

BT used to call Saturday nights on his own, so he could do it again temporarily.

Thanks. Movement looked terrible, nothing compared to NRL on WIN HD. Bitrate was hovering around 7-8 Mbits when these were capped.

You’d understandably capture some distortion with still screenshots during heavy movement, but usually not this bad.

2 Likes

Yes - when I checked it was pretty bad - 7 Brisbane was running less than 6 MBps. I also tried for some caps; even waiting for the movement to slow there was major macroblocking.

Some parts were not HD

4 Likes

Thanks for those! Brisbane’s 7mate seems to handle the movement a lot better than Prime. There was also a lot of “jolting” for lack of a better term on Prime. A bit like when you see an incorrect frame rate being used. The half time ticker was the best example of this - text sort of jumps across instead of sliding smoothly. The entire broadcast was like this so you can imagine how bad a wide pan of the oval would have looked.

So has Andy Maher returned to Ch 7 after 13 years? Or is his new footy segment fully funded/sponsored by Carlton Draught?

Also, great Easter Monday footy coverage :slight_smile: Great (and somewhat different) commentary team was great to hear!

What a match, boy oh boy :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was on the AFL website last year.

2 Likes

Okay… So most likely the latter?

I would assume the only reason it would be airing is because someone is funding the costs.

2 Likes

As much as I love the SCG and footy is much better there now (as opposed to ANZ Stadium)…

I’ve always hated that studio/camera angle over the years!

Isn’t it on the roof or something?

For pre-match and post-match, they were in another location of the ground, so they could use the desk

Given the commentary box for Football is a 7 floor job (and the lifts can be unreliable) it would be too hard for those involved in half time to race downstairs and back in time.

2 Likes

Given Dennis Cometti is retiring at the end of this year & 2017 also marks the start of the new 6 year broadcast deal. Who will replace him??

I say replace the whole team :smiley:

But seriously… Tim Lane? Maybe they’ll just use Bruce/BT/Hamish more?

How does someone retire at the end of 2016 and 2017? Is he going to do a John Farnham?

Did you even read the sentence?

“…& 2017 marks the start of the new broadcast deal”.

Both were seperate.

2 Likes

I did read it. It was hard to understand. They weren’t that seperate as they were in the same sentences. Using a connective word such as and should add to the sentence not add a new topic. So I assumed you were still talking about Dennis Cometti. I understand what you are saying now.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember who was in Seven’s AFL team, btw 2007 & 2011?

In particular prior to Matthew Richardson & Tom Harley joining in 2010?

I think it was Schwarz & Johnston?

Bruce McAvaney, Dennis Cometti, Tim Watson and Leigh Matthews were Seven’s AFL team back in 2007.

Rebecca Maddern had provided voiceover for what’s coming up during Saturday night coverage for the past season. Now that she has joined the AFL Footy Show, who is going to replace her?

2007 team was bruce, dennis, david shwartz, tim watson and rick olerenshaw. Leigh matthews, nathan buckley and then tom harley were also all added to the team

1 Like

One guess…

Basil.

:confused: