Nine (Southern Cross)

Incredibly, yes.

1 Like

No surprise really. Previous SOS weeks the same thing has happened.

What a weird channel arrangement. Why is Yesshop on 54? Have you rescanned since it launched?

1 Like

Because 54 would have originally been TVSN since it came from the TEN affiliation. But now SCA are replacing TVSN with Yesshop in all their markets.

Remember that it’s always been Nine programming on the third digital only licence in Spencer Gulf/Broken Hill.

But it is primarily an SCTV market, so I assumed TVSN, now Yesshop, would have been bundled with their Seven multi-channels on 64, like in Tasmania and Darwin.

2 Likes

Press Release from SCA re: Yesshop

YESSHOP coming to Channel 9 regional viewers

From August 1 2016, Southern Cross Austereo will broadcast a home shopping channel called YESSHOP to its regional television viewers.

The home shopping channel offers a range of brands and a variety of kitchen appliances, fashion, beauty, home & living, health & food, electronics, and more.

With 3 million households within the Southern Cross Austereo regions, free-to-air viewers can tune-in to YESSHOP in:

· Northern NSW, Broken Hill and Spencer Gulf regions on channel 54

· Regional QLD, VIC, Southern NSW and the ACT on channel 55

· Tasmania on channel 64

· Darwin on channel 74

Audiences will be surprised and delighted by the unique home TV shopping experience - showcasing exclusive international and locally-sourced quality products and services at the right price.

This is an important milestone for the New Zealand-based television department store as YESSHOP spreads in popularity to more Australians. This agreement follows quickly after their launch in February with Foxtel.

Head of Regional Media, Rick Lenarcic said, “We are excited to offer a new shopping channel to our regional viewers. This is a fantastic addition to our regional portfolio of programming.”

Surprised and delighted ???

What on earth are SCA smoking?

All shopping channels are horrible.

6 Likes

To avoid doing the paperwork on the datacast license?

2 Likes

Yes, that is a recent re-scan. All 3 licenses are SCA so they put their shopping channels anywhere. YESSHOP (previously TVSN) is part of the SC10 mux on 54, while RACING.COM is part of GTS/BKN (Seven) mux on 68. There is nothing on the Nine mux other than the 3 nine channels, SC Nine, GEM and GO. We once received the SCA Aspire channel on 66, but they removed it once RACING.COM was launched here.

3 Likes

Why do metro viewers have to miss out on this gem? :frowning: :joy:

2 Likes

A little surprise we didn’t get Extra

Is Southern Cross airing metro news updates during the afternoon and evening?

No, they air local news updates instead. They appear to be at the same time though based on when they have their timings wrong and you get a split second of the metro news break opener.

Yes and No.

I’ve seen a few occasions where the opener for the metro news update will screen in full, but an ad will follow when the presenter would usually appear.

But we do receive most of the 9 Brisbane updates up here in NQ, including the nightly Brisbane weather outlook :roll_eyes:

A few updates are replaced with “Local News Headlines”, but I’d say that’s probably only 50% of them.

Yep, Nine Sydney had a news update at about 3:30pm today, but Nine Wollongong had a commercial.

1 Like

I wonder what regional Queensland thinks of the promos the are shown for 9 news across each day. Yesterday for example saw a promo for a story on shopping malls in your suburb (Brisbane shown), promo for Brisbane airport runway, promo reminding that you can listen to 9 news on River 94.9 on your way home plus ACA promos with end tags "Brisbane’s No 1 . All seem so unsuited to a regional affiliate, especially when there are other promos that could be used.

Here’s another - something about the 9 news Mu-X- coming to a suburb near you - quite strange really. I’ll put a video of that one in the 9 news thread later.

5 Likes

Probably think they same as they do seeing Brisbane news bulletins every night, that is, they probably don’t give it much thought and get on with their lives.

1 Like

you’d be surprised what people get tetchy about.

1 Like

I’ve been a member of MediaSpy for like 15 years, I don’t know if I would… haha

5 Likes

They’re doing Black Thunder on TV now?

1 Like