Nine (Southern Cross)

SCA 9Life has split away from the network feed again today from 12pm-2pm.

No PRG being used at all. Watermark just randomly appears a few seconds after the show returns.
The watermark is spot on though.

I wasn’t recorded at the time, but an ad just aired for tonight’s Bachelorette episode which ended with the VO “The Bachelorette, tonight on 9Life, now available on channel 54”, and a 9Life channel 54 endboard.

Probably because it’s MPEG2, but I agree, it should be lower.

This local ad just aired here on SCA Nine not too long ago using the SCTV logo.

3 Likes

Put this comparison together from 9Life this afternoon showing the metro feed vs. the SCA feed while SCA had opted out of the metro programming, including when SCA returned back to the metro feed.

A couple of things to note:

• When returning back to the metro feed, SCA re-entered the feed too early.
  • The SCA 9Life feed doesn’t use any PRGs when airing their own programming.
  • The SCA 9Life feed used a different coloured 9Life PRG animation than the Brisbane metro feed I was using when going to the 2nd program, which leads me to think that the SCA 9Life dirty feed shown here in Townsville is likely not the 9Life Brisbane feed, but instead a 9Life feed from a different city (prob. Sydney).
2 Likes

I heard one of the Channel 9 radio adverts today. It was about the same quality as the current news updates. Just some male reading out a script about what was on tonight without any sound effect/s or music bed. SC10 used to run radio adverts but nothing like these. They were just like a TV promo with the channel 10 v/o talent, and music etc to match the program being advertised.

Just out of interest, what are the LCNs for SCA 7, 9 and 10 in Spencer Gulf/Broken Hill? Is there anyone on MS who lives up there?

SCA 9 = LCN 8

SCA 7 = LCN 6

SCA 10 = LCN 5

I mean are the Seven, Nine and Ten also available on LCN 61, 81 and 51 as well as 6, 8 and 5?

Very interesting…

So are Nine going to produce the Townsville bulletin or SCA?, because if SCA produce it then it wouldn’t be worth watching due to SCA’s terrible on screen graphics & presenters.

If Nine themselves plan to set up a newsroom in Townsville, then I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine themselves produce a future local news service for the SCA Nine station up there.

I agree. Nine are known for producing very high quality news services. SCA…not so much.

1 Like

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1361, topic:1198, full:true”]
I agree. Nine are known for producing very high quality news services. SCA…not so much.[/quote]SCA are generally only willing to put in a concerted effort if they have a complete stranglehold in a market; Tasmania for example. Otherwise they put very little effort in as those updates indicate.

1 Like

Admittedly from the little I’ve seen (for obvious reasons), Southern Cross News in Tasmania and the GTS/BKN viewing area really isn’t that bad. But everywhere else, the terms “Southern Cross News” and “quality local content” don’t exactly go hand in hand!

3 Likes

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1363, topic:1198, full:true”]
Admittedly from the little I’ve seen (for obvious reasons), Southern Cross News in Tasmania and the GTS/BKN viewing area really isn’t that bad. But everywhere else, the terms “Southern Cross News” and “quality local content” don’t exactly go hand in hand!
[/quote]In Tasmania’s case it could be better (as far as overall presentation goes), of course. But it serves the whole of the state nicely (along with the ABC). As for other SCA regions regarding news content received… we don’t even need to go there to be honest as it’s well covered here. :grin:

1 Like

It like like you two are having a conversation with yourselves.

9 Likes

Haha! So what if we are? Feel free to join us! :yum: :wink:

1 Like

I’m in Port Pirie, Current channel labels and LCNs for SCA channels are:

05 - SC10 Port Pirie
06 - GTS BKN Port Pirie
08 - SC Nine
50 - ONE
54 - YESSHOP
55 - ELEVEN
60 - 7mate
62 - 7TWO
68 - RACING.COM
80 - GEM
88 - GO

4 Likes

Southern Cross News in GTS/BKN region is quite ordinary, and that’s putting it mildly.

According to Regional TAM figures for the week of July 10-16, SC Nine outrates WIN in Regional QLD & Southern NSW/ACT, thanks to the State of Origin Game 3. Not only that, SC Nine managed to win the week in both primary & network shares in Southern NSW/ACT.

Above Prime7?