Nine News Local

mate I was following on from Bort’s comments and having a joke… it wasn’t meant to be serious!

The fb pages cover photos have been update but they are to similar to win

1 Like

Someone is reading this forum it seems.

There’s also a new page for 9 News North Queensland that was created earlier this evening.

2 Likes

If these are real pages, it seems weird to me that 9 News NQ would be the next to appear after Canberra and Illawarra.

I thought we read earlier that the bulletins would rollout across NSW first before moving on to any other areas?

1 Like

Doesn’t mean they can’t set up social media pages in preparation for the bulletins to go live, often using them as a way of promoting the bulletin before launching - as someone eluded to above with the 7 Gold Coast News Facebook page which had quite a following before the bulletin went to air.

I wouldn’t take the roll out of these pages as any indication of what order the bulletins will be rolled out also and I don’t think we have any reason to believe these pages aren’t real. They all look very legitimate regardless of standard imagery being used as cover images which is quite often the case.

The 9 news Illawarra cover photo update location reads as “TCN channel nine Sydney” which makes sense as I’d imagine that’s where these pages are being run from

whoops, lemme fix it up

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Photo looks like the same as what WIN uses.

5 Likes

As per @Zampakid video …

It’d be interesting if that’s the kind of opener Nine chooses to use for the actual bulletin (and not just a Facebook page). Yes, everyone on here knows that the majority of the current WIN News theme is from when they were affiliated with Nine, but for regular viewers it would look like that Nine is trying to copy WIN. That or just further confuse those who always said “but WIN is owned by Channel Nine!”

7 Likes

It’s EXTREMELY similar.

That said, WIN News is really using the 9 News logo and layout, and the red bar with location is taken from the 9 Look.

Bt 9 has moved on to working in the globes and rounded spheres into the look now on all it’s stations - so I agree - this is using the OLD 9 News look (which WIN Still uses)

The night cityscape shot of Wollongong is VERY similar to WIN’s… but different. It’s probably a stock shot.

Considering that WIN News is using 9 News’ old look still, and 9 News has a new look now, yet Nine has chosen to do these 9 News Illawarra and Canberra cover pages in the OLD look, and choosing a stock shot so similar to WIN’s - it’s almost like they are deliberately trying to piss off WIN - and force WIN to change their look.

Kinda funny…

6 Likes

Perhaps, but it has been over 7 months since the affiliation swap. Surely if Nine wanted WIN to stop using elements of their presentation they would have forced it by now? Cease and desist even?

Unless Nine don’t care enough, or there is some cheeky loophole somewhere that says as long as WIN is affiliated with Nine they can keep using it (and they are in SA and Griffith/MIA !)

Minor detail: The font being used for Canberra/Illawarra on those cover images aren’t the same font as the current Nine News gfx

1 Like

Really not sure. We are all speculating. Not sure if there is a legal case to force a former affiliate partner to stop using news graphics that are too similar to Nine’s look. Who knows. When I say “force” I more mean give Win no other option. Clearly it is WIN using Nine’s look. And now Nine is launching in WIN area’s with it’s own look.

When you look at the logos for WIN News Illawarra and 9 News Illawarra they are basically identical.

Something ha gotta give eventually.

1 Like

I would like to think that Nine is trying to emphasise the local-ness of the bulletins by keeping the old landscape openers in SCA areas (with the new suite of graphics). But it would be funny as a not so subtle dig at WIN!

1 Like

On another note, what do people think of the current Nine Gold Coast News coverup bug and how likely would it be for Nine to use something similar for their local regional bulletins? It would certainly be an easy way for viewers to distinguish the local bulletin from the state capital bulletin.

That cover up is woeful lol, hopefully it doesn’t appear elsewhere in other regions

8 Likes

It’s not a cover up bug really, it’s just a localised bug - as I don’t think it covers anything up?

I think adding localised bugs is a very smart idea. If Nine/SCA can somehow manage 15 local bugs.

“9 News Canberra”

etc

1 Like

They already do something along those lines for the Gold Coast, so yeah I figure Nine would be willing to do this.

Would it be Uber local, and offer some usefull
Interesting on screen info to add the current live temp for the major cities in the broadcast area under the bug too?

US and Canadian stations always add a live local time & temp under the bug.

Useful info

1 Like

Here is a cap from Monday night… meanwhile Bruce is trying to ditch the glasses!

2 Likes

The big difference is that right after Nine’s Gold Coast news is the Brisbane edition of Nine News, whereas these bulletins (e.g. Nine News Canberra) replace the state capital edition (i.e. Nine News Sydney).

1 Like