Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

No new graphics unfortunately. Today and Today Extra are all for now.

Well Seven didnā€™t launch their new theme until 6pm last Monday night, so Nine might reveal a new look tonight

Considering the Today relaunch is based on the current Nine News graphics, I highly doubt a relaunch will take place any time soon.

2 Likes

Well judging by the below comment, I guess we shall just have to wait and see

Hmm interesting :stuck_out_tongue:
Well if they do change the graphics, I imagine it to be a fine-tuning of the current ones.

3 Likes

Yeah I think they might just do some minor adjustments rather than a complete redo. But time will tell lol

1 Like

I agree. A refresh of the current Nine News graphics (in line with the recent On-Air Presentation refreshes of other news/current affairs-based programs and indeed the network channels) is realistically all Iā€™d expect.

4 Likes

The current supers are fine but there are other parts of the package that could do with some updating.

Plus the pre-historic sets obviously.

1 Like

Can confirm no change is happening tonight to Nine News

5 Likes

Can you confirm if there will be any change happening to the news service this year? Thanks!

Bummer

Oh no, the ratings will plummet! :wink:

3 Likes

To be honest, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the other states adopting the tweaked supers (currently only seen on Sydney/national and Adelaide bulletins) is about as ā€œrefreshedā€ as Nine News is expected to get for the moment.

Iā€™m sure that Nine wonā€™t be keeping the current graphics for the news forever however itā€™s worth remembering that speculation about refreshed general channel branding and a HD main channel went back as far as Late 2013/Early 2014ā€¦it finally happened at the end of last year! :wink:

4 Likes

Wish I could. I certainly standby what I commented earlier on about a refreshed graphics package. When that happens I donā€™t know. Sorry everyone.

4 Likes

On 9 now, are there plans afoot to add the nine news Darwin bulletin onto the catch up via 9 now at a later date?

As of Monday Feb 8, Nine Early News has moved from Studio 23/24 to Studio 3 where the national news set is.

Hasnā€™t it always been there?

1 Like

Probably, but the bulletin had been presented in front of a plasma for several weeks if Iā€™m not mistaken!

1 Like

Probably due to low staff numbers Holiday period etc.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œWade, post:180, topic:67, full:trueā€]
Hasnā€™t it always been there?
[/quote] Since Nine News Now began being broadcasting from Studio 23/24 the early news moved too, so I think since November. With the new set being built, low staff an presumably a cheap cost, I presume thatā€™s the reasoning why.