Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

That’s a very good question. I’m really sorry I can’t confirm anything further. Lots of talk about it a few weeks ago but haven’t heard much in the past week.

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s Monday :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Does Nine has any plans to include subtitles in the 9 news provided by 9now? Would it be possible to include subtitles in the news and programs offered by a catch up service like 9 now?

It can easily be done. BBC iPlayer and Netflix definitely have closed captioning, and I assume ABC iView does too.

The only excuse would be laziness on Nine’s behalf, which is quite poor form.

Anyone expecting a new graphics package and or set for Sydney tomorrow?

Sydney definitely is due as it is now older than the Sunrise set was!

Hopefully a graphics change at least

The thing is it’s still looks fresh and professional . So I don’t mind either way.

1 Like

Well there was talk that it would be changed - so here’s hoping lol

Remember that this is the same bulletin that topped the ratings for decades with basically a blue globe map as a set! Presentation isn’t always everything at Nine News Sydney, you know… :wink:

Of course, I completely agree that it would be nice to see an updated graphics package and/or set for Nine News hopefully sooner rather than later! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

[quote=“Wade, post:148, topic:67, full:true”]
Hopefully a graphics change at least
[/quote] There won’t be much of a change, remembering Nine National News’ set got a remake. So the red and blue and the glossy dots will remain. I do though hope new sets come around soon.

Doesn’t mean the on air graphics can’t be modified

2 Likes

If anything it’s more likely that the graphics will be changed, as the current package is very 2D, not glossy 3D like the new set. I just hope the gloss of the current logo (that’s been around for agggggges) finally gets toned down a little bit!

1 Like

I actually like the “dotted globe” element of Nine News’ graphics because it’s a bit like the old “stripy globe” motif of years gone by, but a more contemporary version which suits the logo/brand of Nine very well. That said, I definitely would like to see an update to the branding rather than the current stuff being used until about 2020 (which knowing Nine News’ branding historically, I could actually see happening).

It would be great if Seven had such a major element like Nine’s “dotted globe” motif in their news branding, rather than the current mess all over the place.

3 Likes

I’m hopeful we’ll see some slight changes graphically - Nine News Now is a bloody mess graphically so something needs to be done there.

5 Likes

And can we please have the Brisbane bulletin in HD. The current studio cameras are badly in need of an upgrade.

1 Like

still using betacam?

1 Like

The studio shots all feature large black bars and their picture quality is worse than that of the live crosses and stories.

Their Gold Coast news looks 100% better.

1 Like

oh man that’s embarrassing - and they are the clear #1 in the market… not good enough.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen, Nine Queensland desperately need to upgrade their facilities to HD. The picture (and audio in the case of the Gold Coast local news) quality is just embarrassing for what is the #1 rating news service in the third largest market in the country.

But unfortunately, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if Nine Queensland won’t be upgraded until they move to new studio facilities one of these days!

Based on a New promo, it seems 9 News Perth has a new slogan. Previously, it was “News Starts Here”. Now it seems to be “It’s Time For Nine”.

3 Likes