Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

The extra glass on the desk?
Wonder what the reasoning behind that was…

someone broke the glass desk covering thing on the top - oops!

Looks better without it IMO.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how Nine seem to be making these minor tweaks to the Sydney news set (removal of the video monitors behind the sports backdrop and now the removal of that glass tabletop-thingy in the middle of the desk), which I do think are making things look cleaner.

One would imagine that the current Sydney news set will be kept mostly intact until they move out of Willoughby in a few years time, although of course I could be wrong…

1 Like

I thought that they changed the camera on the liveshot lmao

3 Likes

Haha me too, then realised it must’ve been an earlier cap in the bulletin or a nicer day. I stared at the two pictures for ages and didn’t pick it up - now it’s glaringly obvious. Looks much better now!

1 Like

Is the 9 News logo still on the wood panel to the left of the cap? Doesn’t look like it from that angle…

I can’t remember if Sydney had the Nine News logo on the left. I know Brisbane definitely does

There will probably be a special tribute to Peter Hitchener at the end of tonight’s bulletin celebrating his 70th birthday.

1 Like

Definitely:

2 Likes

They have gone to weather at 6.51pm.

Been with 9 since 1973. Great effort Hitch. Doesn’t show any sign of slowing down yet either.

6 Likes

That nine Darwin news has a Facebook page, but only parts of the Darwin news can be seen. There’s.no Darwin bulletin on 9 now at present

It was still there in Dec 2015 going by YT uploads, much more subtle than the one on the Queensland set though. Even more so than the first cap from 2010. Melbourne’s newer set doesn’t have it since the move to Docklands, IIRC Darwin’s set came from the old studios in Melbourne.

THE NRL BUNKER EXCLUSIVE

Monday 22 February at 6pm

In a RUGBY LEAGUE exclusive Nine News will take viewers inside the NRL BUNKER for the very first time.

Our NRL BUNKER EXCLUSIVE reveals the high security facility, which will replace video referees at match venues.

Every camera angle, from every NRL game, will be beamed LIVE into the NRL Bunker where every big decision will be made on-the-spot.

The multi-million dollar technology inside the bunker will change the way referees see the game and the way viewers watch on television.

Join Nine’s Senior Rugby League Reporter Neil Breen for his exclusive tour MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22 at 6PM ON CHANNEL NINE.

3 Likes

Minor technical issues on Nine News Queensland tonight. A story on Superannuation wouldn’t play - and we saw a frozen still image for 10 seconds. Darren apoligised and attempted to read the introduction of the next story about the U.S Elections which also wouldn’t play. They then took a commercial break, and returned with the rest of the bulletin. Apparently a computer crash is to blame.

1 Like

[quote=“glen2006, post:218, topic:67, full:true”]
Minor technical issues on Nine News Queensland tonight. A story on Superannuation wouldn’t play - and we saw a frozen still image for 10 seconds. Darren apoligised and attempted to read the introduction of the next story about the U.S Elections which also wouldn’t play. They then took a commercial break, and returned with the rest of the bulletin. Apparently a computer crash is to blame.
[/quote] The funny thing is, that all these technical difficulties usually occur on the weekends.

I haven’t seen it for myself so can’t yet comment on if there’s any noticeable differences on screen (I’ll try and do so during the week), but it’s to the best of my understanding that Nine News Sydney is running automation as of this weekend.

I thought automation was supposed to have started last Sunday?

1 Like

Something similar happened last night on Seven News Perth. During a report, it cutted out mid way, and there was a few seconds of delay when transitioning to the next.

That is correct. Originally planned for last Monday. Officially began last night.

3 Likes