MasterChef Australia

Its not in SA either. I believe its labour day in NT.

Looked it up and it’s May Day. I didn’t know anyone in this country had a holiday for it.

A 1 May start gives them over 13 weeks before the Olympics start. I hope they use all of it.

Certainly not in NSW, where we have Labour Day in Early October with our next public holiday after ANZAC Day being the Queens Birthday on June 13.

If there’s no public holidays in NSW, Victoria, Queensland, SA or WA on May 2 (and I’m pretty sure there isn’t), then there won’t be any affect on the OzTam ratings which only covers the five main capital cities/metropolitan markets.

That’s what I said. I just wondered if there was. NT must be the only one.

Monday the 2nd May is the Labour Day holiday in Queensland as of this year.

1 Like

I think they need to make it the same day Australia wide. Most of the world has Labour Day on May Day.

2 Likes

I completely agree that there needs to be a national system for public holidays (and plenty of other things) but that debate is for another time and topic.

1 Like

Labour Day reverts back to May in Qld this year after being in October for the past few years. The Queen’s Birthday public holiday has been moved to October. Go figure.

The Wikipedia article on the new series says “Series Premiere: Auditions Part 1” for Sunday’s episode. If correct, that would suggest a whole week of auditions or an out-of-whack first week. However, Wikipedia articles prior to a series starting have contained rubbish in the past.

If it’s like last year I think there were a couple of audition episodes like this. More than likely it will be an episode or two showing people who get through and a group who are “Maybe’s”… and then the next the night maybe people do some sort of challenge to determine the last few spots in the top 24. Pretty sure that’s how they did it last season. You might have the first elimination at the end of week 1.

The big difference this time is the Sunday start, compared with Tuesday last year, so the first week will be different somehow. I hope they have auditions, but they could be tempted to go straight to the top 24 and a mystery box. Sunday is the right day for it and it would probably rate better.

The previews clearly show the audition type episodes happening.

Okay, good then. I haven’t seen any previews.

I prefer it when they start with the Top 24 contestants .Cant wait for new season

Immunity Challenges and Invention Tests need to be Merged into One.

What do you mean? I don’t think Masterchef would want to tweak the weekly format too much because when they did back in season 5 ratings took a hit, and viewers praised when it came back to the usual format. I liked the way that they did immunity challenges last year how they generally had 3 people compete in a challenge and then the winner faced the head chef. Made it a bit more exciting and the episodes faster paced.

So you won’t like the new Renovation Challenge and Singing Test rounds this year. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

That would mean fewer episodes, so that’s no good (or some new kind of challenge). It would also reverse the order of the immunity challenge and elimination. Not sure how well that would work.

However, the mystery box/invention test episodes last year were a bit tedious and drawn out because Sunday episodes were 90 minutes. They would be better at 60 minutes and the team challenge at 90 minutes. I also hope they’ve given the mystery box winner a better advantage this year. They are hardly worth winning.

Sunday episodes in early weeks of the season were 90 minutes because so many contestants were cooking and took time for the judges to taste all dishes during invention tests. They should stay at 90 minutes and (as I have suggested many times in the past) the tastings of dishes which did not get to air on TV should be posted on MC website so viewers can make their own decisions on which dishes are good or bad.

If Ten do 90 minute episodes on Sunday they should start the show at either 6:30 or 7:00. I want Shark Tank to start at 8:30. A 9:00 start for Shark Tank is just plain stupid, especially when their are repeats at 6:30/7:00.