MasterChef Australia

I wonder if they will schedule that to be the last episode of ASFF before MasterChef takes over the slot?

That episode will be shown next Monday! Here is part of the press release:

Next Monday’s episode of All Star Family Feud will see the MasterChef Australia judges take a break from the kitchen to take on past contestants.
Playing for Sacred Heart Mission, team captain Gary Mehigan will be hoping to lead his fellow judges Matt Preston and George Calombaris alongside MasterChef Australia mentor Shannon Bennett to victory. MasterChef Australia alumni Julie Goodwin will captain fellow past contestants Brent Owens, Emma Dean and Dani Venn and will be playing For Cure MND Foundation.

A pass for me, I think. Gary and George don’t have an entertaining bone in their body. George seems quite dim as well. Matt is good value though.

Why is Dani Venn on there? I doubt many people will even remember her so seems like a strange choice given the others are all winners. There should be someone from the most recent season on there instead if they couldn’t get any other winners.

Chris, everyone who watches MasterChef remembers Dani.

The judges over the top shenanigans with Dani, when it was plainly obvious she couldn’t cook, is what lead to the massive switch off for this show. She’s infamous, lol.

1 Like

Oh she’s well remembered as the girl George and Garry repeatedly went gaga over, ruining an entire season of the show. More will remember her than fifth season winner Emma Dean.

1 Like

I agree that Emma Dean is not very memorable and probably the most forgettable winner, but at least she won the show. I just think some random girl from 4 or 5 seasons ago is an odd choice at the expense of anyone from the most recent season which people would be more interested in and familiar with.

Guess it comes down to availability of personalities as most of them would have full time work commitments, willingness to participate but also a casting decision as well as to who is going to be entertaining. There are lots of possible scenarios to consider, other than just who would be percieved as the best possible option.

MasterChef’s new promo is fantastic :slight_smile: I remember them having a similarly good one last year too.

I remember her,I think she was in the same series when Kate Bracks won (about 2011)

1 Like

I remember Emma, she’s the blonde who won in 2013 didn’t she?

Ahh… Dani! Glasses or at least jet black short hair yeah?

But where’s Adam or Callum (2010)? Kate (2011)? Billie (2015)? :’(

All I remember is lots and lots of tears about her grandmother’s apple tree. Something like that, definitely lots of crying.

1 Like

Billie is currently working at Heston Blumenthal’s Fat Duck restaurant in England.
Adam has just finished filming his latest Destination Flavour series in Scandinavia.
Not sure about Callum or Kate.

2 Likes

Saw bits of All Star Family Feud during ad breaks of MKR last night. It looked like lots of fun. Will have to catch up the whole episode on Tenplay this Easter.

1 Like

I found the Family Feud episode not so great. The judges were just hopeless… I really like them on Masterchef but I found them dull and boring on this. I just can’t believe anyone could be that bad… it felt like they wanted to say a cooking related answer to everything. Also there was too much chit chat in between questions to fill in time.

1 Like

Yes agree, I had the same impression even just on hearing about it.

I wouldn’t call her a random girl. Dani was the most divisive contestant that season. She got massive air time and went far into the season, finishing 4th, so I think she’d be one of the most remembered contestants ever who didn’t make the final. They probably thought her exuberant personality suited the show.

1 Like

Saw All Star Family Feud episode on Tenplay tonight. It was really fun and enjoyable.
The judges might have been thrashed by the contestants but I think it came down to bad survey results. For example, when Gary was asked to name a place to wear bow ties, he said restaurant but it was not among the 7 answers. It is fairly common to wear bow tie in restaurants (especially those in high class). In another round, Shannon said socks needed to be washed a lot but he was wrong. That is ridiculous!
I can understand why there was so much chit chat between questions, as All Star is one hour compared with the normal version which is 30 minutes and is more fast paced.

New promo for season 8 was posted online today. It features Cecilia Vuong, who initially made it to the top 24 of season 6 (2014), but had to withdraw as she was recovering from a brain surgery due to a skiing accident. She had made it to the top 50 this season and was looking for her second chance to reach the competition proper.

MasterChef Australia. Coming Soon To TEN.

The 2016 season of MasterChef Australia is coming soon and is set to showcase Australia’s best home cooks, as they compete for a much-coveted place in the iconic series’ kitchen.

Among this year’s contenders determined to follow their food dreams are Queensland’s Matt Sinclair and Victoria’s Cecelia Vuong.

Coffee roaster Matt Sinclair, 27, lives in the coastal town of Noosa, Queensland. In a bid to impress the judges and make it into the MasterChef Australia kitchen, Matt is making a risotto – better known as the “death dish” because it has been the downfall of many previous contestants. View Matt’s risky risotto here.

Fans of MasterChef Australia will remember our next hopeful, 31-year-old secondary school teacher Cecilia Vuong (pictured). The mother of two successfully made it through the Judges Auditions for Series 6 in 2014 before having to withdraw from the competition due to a head injury she sustained on a snowboarding trip before her application. Returning to the kitchen with a newfound focus and passion, Cecilia is confident her dish can delight the judges a second time round. View Cecilia’s return to the kitchen here.

Tune in to see if Matt and Cecilia make it through the judges’ auditions and secure a place in MasterChef Australia’s Top 24

1 Like

A Masterchef promo aired tonight that featured the TEN HD watermark on screen the whole time and talked about watching it in stunning crystal clear HD.

3 Likes