MasterChef Australia

Completely agree. Also why would Ten want to strip a show down that gets ~1million viewers each night?

I really enjoyed last nights episode. We are finally into the full swing of things. A few big personalities standing out early. I really like Trent :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Firetorch, post:272, topic:366”]
Flaming? [/quote]
Truth hurts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Masterchef’s epsisodes 3 and 4 ratings are up on the same episodes last year.

It must do - explains why you’ve taken my factual observation re: ratings to heart. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it was a straight forward elimination tonight. After choosing their ingredient, Charlie and Ashley had a clear mind on what to cook but Theresa was in a blur. It changed when George and Gary questioned Theresa’s use of prawn oil and mayonnaise, forcing her to switch to avocado. Was there a hint of favouritism? Ashley made a fatal mistake by putting the ravioli on hot oil which changed the taste and texture of the pasta, otherwise he might have survived elimination.
It’s hard to believe Marco Pierre White is appearing on the show next week, so early in the season.

1 Like

Baptism By Fire: Marco Pierre White Enters The MasterChef Kitchen.

The Godfather of Modern British Cooking Returns To MasterChef Australia.

Sunday, 7.30pm on TEN.

British culinary powerhouse Marco Pierre White returns to the MasterChef Australia kitchen on Sunday to put the remaining 23 aspiring chefs through the most challenging week of their lives.

Only one week into their MasterChef Australia experience, the contestants will be pushed to their limits as they cook under the charge of, and alongside, one of the greatest chefs in the business.

Marco’s expert training has previously turned out some of the greatest chefs including Gordon Ramsay, Curtis Stone and MasterChef Australia’s own Shannon Bennett.

Kicking off on Sunday with a mystery box challenge set by Marco, this week will also see the first off-site challenge for the season, an intense immunity challenge with one of Australia’s best young chefs and an unforgettable MasterClass led by Marco at an iconic Melbourne location.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for next Sunday night then,I always enjoy watching Marco week ,He really pushes all the contestants ,makes for great viewing.Feel sorry for Ashley ,it must be hard being the first contestant eliminated

2 Likes

It’ll be amazing if someone like Billie McKay comes along again…

She turned out to be unbelievable last year :slight_smile:

But agreed, MasterChef will get bigger & better from here. Can’t wait for the first immunity challenge & MasterClass

I was surprised by the elimination. Most indications were there was not enough ginger. I thought the golfer was gone, but all of a sudden there was enough ginger after all.

Already there are too many tears and again the music is too loud. But I’ll put up with it as I have in the past.

It was great to see Billie again this week, my favorite winner from all 7 seasons.

I will endure Marco again this week, an annual occurrence.

Masterchef running way over time for a 90min episode. Ten not giving shark tank a fair go by starting so late. I know the EPG is accurate but 9:14pm is way too late for shark tank.
And if an episode of masterchef is down for 90min surely that is enough time.

Absolute joke that they continue to do this. To begin with Shark Tank should have aired on a weekday where it could have been given an 8:30/8:40 timeslot. Airing it at 9:15 is just not giving it the respect it deserves. I just don’t understand why they can’t air Masterchef at 7 and move new modern family to 6:30.

1 Like

Airing Mastercehf at 7pm is only annoying to viewers. They want to keep it in a consistent time slot Sunday-Thursday which I’m pretty sure it’s always been and should should be. The amount of times I missed some of the Sunday episode of I’m a Celeb because they switched the time slot just for Sunday nights, just shows how bad a programming decision that is (for me anyway).

Shark Tank will do better next week without the Logies as competition - guaranteed. The only bad programming decision was premiering it this week.

I agree with you, but I ask you this:

1. What about The Voice and House Rules that don’t get affected by the ‘inconsistent’ timeslots? Why are Ten any different?
  2. What about Shark Tank fans? A start time of 9:16 when it could be aired at approx 8:30? Modern Family repeats at 6:30 get a better timeslot.
1 Like

Wow Marco gave high praises for Charlie’s dish during the mystery box challenge, and to Nidhi’s dish in the invention test. I have never seen him so delighted with the contestants’ creations.
I feel sorry Cecilia who stuffed up (no pun intended) in the invention test. Creating something for her son is one thing, making a stuffed parsnip for the four judges is another.

1. The Voice and House Rules have MUCH stronger lead ins than Masterchef. Clearly a lot of viewers switch on Ten just for Masterchef and I could guarentee if they changed it to 7pm would have a negative impact on ratings (at least for the first couple weeks). Plus Masterchef is on more nights of the week than either shows, so it makes sense to keep it in a consistent timeslot.
  2. Shark Tank has ALWAYS been in this time slot on Sunday’s after Masterchef so just because you want it to air 30mins earlier doesn’t mean it should or needs too. Ten need something after Masterchef on a Sunday and that’s Shark Tank.

I think you are full of excuses. Masterchef still only has 500k as a lead in to 7:30. Not much difference.

Fact is back in the day The Biggest Loser and Talkin bout your generation managed to get decent figures when they started at 6:30. TBL managed to survive the inconsistent timeslots.
And when Ten aired MC at 7pm weeknights it managed to survive the inconsistent timeslots.

[quote=“Chris, post:289, topic:366”]

Ah it only aired a couple of times after Masterchef. It actually aired in an 8pm time slot at one stage. I think last nights figures disagree with you. An earlier time slot is obviously needed.
Shark Tank has ALWAYS been in this time slot on Sunday’s

Oh yes actually you are right that Shark Tank started earlier in the year last year so only ran over a few weeks into Masterchef. However when it did it aired after Masterchef on a Sunday and Ten clearly held Shark Tank back to launch it so it runs after Masterchef so deal with it. Shows can rate at 9pm. Look at First Dates, Seven Year Switch etc.

However I don’t agree at all that moving Masterchef earlier is a good move. Ten want it in a consistent timeslot, it’s their one precious show that consistently performs for them so why risk messing that up with timeslot changes? I honestly don’t think that Shark Tank would perform much differently if it was on at 8.40pm or 9.10.

I honestly just think Ten made a bad call putting Shark Tank on Sundays. I’m not too fazed if it airs at 9pm either, it isn’t even airing there though. Its airing at 9:15. And I can’t think of a lot of programs that rate well on a Sunday at that time. Ten should have either shortened the length of Masterchefs sundays episodes or put Shark Tank in a weeknight slot. And 8:30 Wednesdays keep popping up in my head where, in two weeks time, nothing noteworthy will be airing.

First official pressure test tonight, can’t wait.

Charlie was so lucky, agreed he’s wasn’t bad enough.

Poor Cecelia :’(

Maybe they will have it on twice a week then? I remember last year Shark Tank went on for months so they would probably have a lot of episodes up their sleeve again.