MasterChef Australia

Masterchef running way over time for a 90min episode. Ten not giving shark tank a fair go by starting so late. I know the EPG is accurate but 9:14pm is way too late for shark tank.
And if an episode of masterchef is down for 90min surely that is enough time.

Absolute joke that they continue to do this. To begin with Shark Tank should have aired on a weekday where it could have been given an 8:30/8:40 timeslot. Airing it at 9:15 is just not giving it the respect it deserves. I just donā€™t understand why they canā€™t air Masterchef at 7 and move new modern family to 6:30.

1 Like

Airing Mastercehf at 7pm is only annoying to viewers. They want to keep it in a consistent time slot Sunday-Thursday which Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s always been and should should be. The amount of times I missed some of the Sunday episode of Iā€™m a Celeb because they switched the time slot just for Sunday nights, just shows how bad a programming decision that is (for me anyway).

Shark Tank will do better next week without the Logies as competition - guaranteed. The only bad programming decision was premiering it this week.

I agree with you, but I ask you this:

1. What about The Voice and House Rules that donā€™t get affected by the ā€˜inconsistentā€™ timeslots? Why are Ten any different?
  2. What about Shark Tank fans? A start time of 9:16 when it could be aired at approx 8:30? Modern Family repeats at 6:30 get a better timeslot.
1 Like

Wow Marco gave high praises for Charlieā€™s dish during the mystery box challenge, and to Nidhiā€™s dish in the invention test. I have never seen him so delighted with the contestantsā€™ creations.
I feel sorry Cecilia who stuffed up (no pun intended) in the invention test. Creating something for her son is one thing, making a stuffed parsnip for the four judges is another.

1. The Voice and House Rules have MUCH stronger lead ins than Masterchef. Clearly a lot of viewers switch on Ten just for Masterchef and I could guarentee if they changed it to 7pm would have a negative impact on ratings (at least for the first couple weeks). Plus Masterchef is on more nights of the week than either shows, so it makes sense to keep it in a consistent timeslot.
  2. Shark Tank has ALWAYS been in this time slot on Sundayā€™s after Masterchef so just because you want it to air 30mins earlier doesnā€™t mean it should or needs too. Ten need something after Masterchef on a Sunday and thatā€™s Shark Tank.

I think you are full of excuses. Masterchef still only has 500k as a lead in to 7:30. Not much difference.

Fact is back in the day The Biggest Loser and Talkin bout your generation managed to get decent figures when they started at 6:30. TBL managed to survive the inconsistent timeslots.
And when Ten aired MC at 7pm weeknights it managed to survive the inconsistent timeslots.

[quote=ā€œChris, post:289, topic:366ā€]

Ah it only aired a couple of times after Masterchef. It actually aired in an 8pm time slot at one stage. I think last nights figures disagree with you. An earlier time slot is obviously needed.
Shark Tank has ALWAYS been in this time slot on Sundayā€™s

Oh yes actually you are right that Shark Tank started earlier in the year last year so only ran over a few weeks into Masterchef. However when it did it aired after Masterchef on a Sunday and Ten clearly held Shark Tank back to launch it so it runs after Masterchef so deal with it. Shows can rate at 9pm. Look at First Dates, Seven Year Switch etc.

However I donā€™t agree at all that moving Masterchef earlier is a good move. Ten want it in a consistent timeslot, itā€™s their one precious show that consistently performs for them so why risk messing that up with timeslot changes? I honestly donā€™t think that Shark Tank would perform much differently if it was on at 8.40pm or 9.10.

I honestly just think Ten made a bad call putting Shark Tank on Sundays. Iā€™m not too fazed if it airs at 9pm either, it isnā€™t even airing there though. Its airing at 9:15. And I canā€™t think of a lot of programs that rate well on a Sunday at that time. Ten should have either shortened the length of Masterchefs sundays episodes or put Shark Tank in a weeknight slot. And 8:30 Wednesdays keep popping up in my head where, in two weeks time, nothing noteworthy will be airing.

First official pressure test tonight, canā€™t wait.

Charlie was so lucky, agreed heā€™s wasnā€™t bad enough.

Poor Cecelia :ā€™(

Maybe they will have it on twice a week then? I remember last year Shark Tank went on for months so they would probably have a lot of episodes up their sleeve again.

Perhaps wouldnā€™t be a stupid move and would explain the reason for no promotion of any other shows for Wednesday.

Moving MasterChef, their only programme that rates, for Shark Tank, something no-one watches? Ridiculous.

1 Like

I loved how when Johanna Griggs spoke to Denis Walter on 3AW radio this aftwrnoon, sheā€™s so excited ā€œand we beat MasterChef again in the ratingsā€¦ including regionalsā€

Haha. Hmmmā€¦ I wonder about metro Joh? Sunday, supposedly tour best night :confused:

So she made a factually correct statement?

1 Like

How dare she been excited about the show she hosts. She should be miserable and slag it off :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Glad Matt told Gary to shut up tonight - he obviously canā€™t stand him either.

1 Like

Yeah, they hate each others guts and itā€™s all a facade when they hang out together and pretend to be mates. Axe this show now. :laughing:

3 Likes

The follow-me-cook elimination with Marco always tested the nerves of the contestants. Con fell behind when he cut his fingers preparing the fish and he did not catch up with Cecilia and Nathaniel until they put the fish in the oven, but he survived because he cooked the fish perfectly. Nathaniel followed the process but forgot his fish was smaller than Marcoā€™s and did not adjust the baking time (Marco and the judges did not point it out) so the fish was overcooked, and he was out.

Looking forward to the immunity challenge tonight, they were great last year :slight_smile: Somehow I dint think theyā€™ll pull the same ratings though (with The Voice and to an extent House Rules competition)?