YouTube

I’m not sure how closely they read the site, but I’d definitely say that people at Nine (and most, if not all other networks) would at least have to be aware of it.

Has anybody ever received any copyright claims from the ABC or SBS?

I would imagine they may not be as stringent as the commercial networks.

I remember Televite (older members here may remember Evo!) had a Shaun Micallef’s MAD AS HELL episode (show on ABC) taken down, but that may have been by the production company of the show.

Someone else may know more or have other experiences!

1 Like

I think the ABC & SBS are mostly OK with YouTube, although expect a takedown notice from them (as others have in the past) if you ever upload anything like a recording of a satellite feed of content you aren’t supposed to see on TV.

Ahh yes, I remember Evulant/Evo. Aside from his incredibly interesting (to say the least) fascination with the Seven News globe, didn’t he have a meltdown about upscaling SD recordings to HD? Or am I thinking about someone else (which is quite possible, because there’s been a lot of interesting characters on Media Spy who’ve come and gone over the years)?

3 Likes

Possibly someone else, but I do remember that - hence my channel on YouTube having 4 copies of the same Seven News promo in different encoding settings.

To be fair to them, the conclusion probably was that upscaling then uploading, provided a high enough bitrate, was actually better quality - marginally, but still better. Essentially YouTube encodes ‘HD’ videos at a much higher bitrate.

I’d suggest people unlist/set to private rather than remove the videos - that way you can then go through and download the source video in the YouTube creation suite, as long as the video isn’t already blocked worldwide. I don’t expect my channel would be at risk, but it’s a good opportunity to go through and back it all up.

His hatred of that globe was absolute gold in the early days of my lurking on Media Spy! I thought it looked pretty bad too, but he had an extreme hatred of it. From memory he also disliked ABC News 24 presenter Nick Grimm, and really liked Scott Bevan!

1 Like

Australia is among 155 countries to get live streaming of Spain’s La Liga Segunda (second division) soccer matches, effective immediately. The matches will have English commentary.

1 Like

I wondered why a decades old video I uploaded to You Tube several years ago was attracting more than a few comments today. It turns out Fox News linked to it in a digital piece as an example of misogynistic behaviour that wouldn’t be tolerated in 2019.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/katie-couric-unearths-cringe-worthy-1991-footage-of-bryant-gumbel-talking-maternity-leave-why-so-long

2 Likes

Oh wow! Which video?

You uploaded a good range of videos.

1 Like

What’s wrong with having these promos uploaded on YouTube? Look what Nine did to me! Taking down videos when it’s fair use.

1 Like

I would have thought that was due to breach of copyright.

2 Likes

It is and i would recommend all members to private their Nine content videos on YouTube as they can erupt again.

Looks like that my channel won’t be dedicated to Nine Perth anytime soon and instead make the move to Internet Archives for TV contents.

How are we going to complain Nine about it? It’s like things being stolen, so they should’ve emailed us.

If you take out the comerical breaks, I don’t think it would be a problem.

2 Likes

Did you upload the promos in their entirety or only portions of them?

1 Like

Let me get this straight, Nine had taken down the Monkey Mia documentary and the Bad Moms promo.

To cut a long story short: Nine these days seem to want viewers on their YouTube channels rather than those of others, so late last year they started cracking down on third party users with their content.

Ultimately it was due to copyright concerns from them (and to some extent, Seven when they started cracking down) that I closed down SydneyCityTV Videos.

2 Likes

According to SydneyCityTV Videos, he made the decision to close his YouTube accounts because of CHannel 9 issuing copyright strikes effective from 1 January 2019.
I think Channel Nine as well as Seven will start issuing copyright strikes for people who uploads Nine or Seven content on the YouTube sites. I think its better that you should upload some videos onto the Archive.org website. Similar to what Zampakid does.

2 Likes

Damn, now it’s my time to really make the move to Archive.org but uploading will take longer than what it is on YouTube. BTW, I’ve privatized all of the Nine/Seven videos including the sponsor billboards.

Does Australian Broadcast Corporation and Network Ten follow suit as well?

Here’s my page:https://archive.org/details/@zidane_hartono

1 Like