Your Money

If that’s the case, what’s the benefit for Nine entering into this JV with Sky to create Your Money?

They’re getting paid for use of the spectrum?

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, will Your Money reach Darwin via FTA? Did Extra ever cover Darwin?

I’m pretty sure that Extra (not sure about Extra 2 though) made it to Darwin sometime after it was launched in the major metro markets.

As for whether or not they’re getting Your Money, I’d presume so with NBN carrying the channel from Day 1 (they also had to wait for 9Life) but to get a definite Yes or No answer, you’d probably have to ask a Top End viewer. Maybe @TV-QLD? :slight_smile:

Is that Your Money channel a regional channel like Sky News on Win ? I can get Sky News on Win here in regional Qld .

Your Money is metro and NNSW and Gold Coast on FTA; everywhere on Foxtel.

Has it actually been confined it’s running NNSW and GC yet?

yeah something in the Media section of the Australian a couple of weeks ago said capitals and northern NSW

right down the bottom - and it says “channel 95” too which is weird.

yourtv also has it showing on the Darwin guide.

also on my Fetch boxes here in Port Macquarie

Freeview TV guide has it listed as channel 85 but still has the Extra logo.

The promo loop is running in northern NSW on 85.

9Now logos

mon

Yes.

NTD is owned by Nine, coming out of TCN (Except for the news)

Yes but that made no difference back when 9HD and 9Life weren’t available in Darwin for some time after they launched across the rest of the network. Hence @Nick’s question.

1 Like

Correct me on this if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that Darwin got Nine HD on launch day but had to wait a while for 9Life and indeed, GO! & GEM (as the channels were known as back then) when those services launched.

I don’t see why Sky needs to be involved with This channel, we should have a competitor second finance/business channel. This should have been a Nine thing from the start. The US has 3 :stuck_out_tongue: we have like 1.

1 Like

The US has 400 million people. We have 25 million :stuck_out_tongue:

But this is clearly a Sky channel paying for access to Nine’s digital spectrum.

If Nine did it the channel in-house they probably wouldn’t make a dollar from it.

6 Likes

Yeah big difference haha I SHOULD have realised that. LOL Since I watch American tv more then Australian tv. Hmm I suppose its beneficial to Nine to make money that way from the evil sky. :stuck_out_tongue: